Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 12:45:46 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game - Patriots
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game - Patriots  (Read 2277 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: September 17, 2023, 11:24:55 pm »

Sanders

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 11:36:29 pm »

Eli Apple

HM Sanders
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2023, 11:53:48 pm »

Second week in a row it's Sanders.  Maybe time to try out some new kickers.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 12:08:13 am »

I'll say Eli Apple.  I don't think Sanders had a chance on the blocked FG - that's on coaching more than anyone else - and a 55 yarder is not a gimme.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 12:27:56 am »

It’s Sanders for me.  You need to be able to kick 50+ in the NFL and he can’t.  That kick iced the game.  He has the leg.

I drink your milkshake!
AQNOR

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 05:55:35 am »

Eli Apple.  He got abused out there.   You really can't fault Sanders.  The kick was blocked.  That's on the unit, not him

Honorable mention to Tua for fumbling a snap from under center at a crucial time for the second week in a row.   He needs to work on taking snaps from under center.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 07:32:02 am by AQNOR » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2023, 08:18:26 am »

It’s Sanders for me.  You need to be able to kick 50+ in the NFL and he can’t.  That kick iced the game.  He has the leg.
Name me a kicker than consistently makes 50+ FG's? Lots of guys have the leg. Few can actually get it between the uprights from that distance better than about 50% of the time. Just for the record Sanders is 16-28 of 50+ FG's. That's actually not bad at all.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 08:21:13 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2023, 08:24:29 am »

Honorable mention to Tua for fumbling a snap from under center at a crucial time for the second week in a row.   He needs to work on taking snaps from under center.
Agreed. I'm assuming they worked on this a lot during this week. I was livid when it happened again. I know this is a bigger issue with QB's today because so many don't take snaps under center, but this has got to be fixed. 3 in 2 weeks is unacceptable regardless.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2023, 08:37:10 am »

Name me a kicker than consistently makes 50+ FG's? Lots of guys have the leg. Few can actually get it between the uprights from that distance better than about 50% of the time. Just for the record Sanders is 16-28 of 50+ FG's. That's actually not bad at all.

In his career, Sanders has been OK.   But he has been bad for a couple of years.

Also, your stat about 50% seems made up.

From 2022:
Players under 50% from 50-59
Austin Seibert (0/1)
Cameron Dicker (0/1)
Mason Crosby (1/4)
Ryan Succop (2/7)
Jason Sanders (2/6)
Harrison Hutker (2/6)
Greg Joseph (3/9)

Players at exactly 50%:
Ryan Bullock
Greg Zuerlein

Players above 50%:
There are 24 of them

Also, when you miss matters.  And compounding misses matter. This is two weeks in a row where Sanders can put a game away and doesn't.  It starts to affect your coaching decisions if you can't put a guy out there when you need the points.

It's not like this happened in a vacuum.

In the last 3 seasons, Sanders is 4 of 13 from 50-59.  That's probably the worst in the league, or close to it.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2023, 08:51:44 am »

we'll end up drafting a kicker next draft in round 5 or 6 and there goes sanders
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2023, 12:08:34 pm »

everyone wants to crap on the kicker for missing a 55 yarder?  but no one wants to talk about the Center, Connor Williams, for three bad snaps that directly led to killing drives?

for me its Williams with HM to Eli Apple.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2023, 12:27:38 pm »

I want to crap on the kicker for being 4 for 13 on 50+ over the last 3 seasons.

The NFL requires having kickers make 50 yard kicks to get points at the end of halves.  If you can't do it, you gotta get someone who can.  I wouldn't be flipping out if it was once or twice.  But it's 3 years running and it's two weeks in a row of chances to ice the game.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2023, 02:40:00 pm »

I want to crap on the kicker for being 4 for 13 on 50+ over the last 3 seasons.

The NFL requires having kickers make 50 yard kicks to get points at the end of halves.  If you can't do it, you gotta get someone who can.  I wouldn't be flipping out if it was once or twice.  But it's 3 years running and it's two weeks in a row of chances to ice the game.
I agree, but this is shame of THIS game, not shame of the last 3 years.  Sanders is a problem from long range, i agree, but he wasn't the worst player in THIS game.

Tua almost broke his ankle cause of a bad snap in shotgun.  it has been a problem, bad snaps killed at least 3 3rd downs that i can remember.  Why doesn't anyone care?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 02:43:41 pm by Brian Fein » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2023, 02:49:51 pm »

Tua almost broke his ankle cause of a bad snap in shotgun.  it has been a problem, bad snaps killed at least 3 3rd downs that i can remember.  Why doesn't anyone care?

We do care, but it's unclear (at best who is at fault).  Tua is likely responsible for some of the issue and the center for some of the other.

And if you want to break down to THIS GAME, Sanders missed 2 kicks.  I am not that simple, since one isn't his fault at all.  But his was 0% on 50 yard FGs and 0% in FGs to win the game when we needed him to do so.

I bring up three years to show that it wasn't an outlier.  Sanders is among the league worst at distance kicks and that matters.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2023, 03:23:35 pm »

We do care, but it's unclear (at best who is at fault).  Tua is likely responsible for some of the issue and the center for some of the other.
When the QB is in shotgun and the snap is either at his feet or over his head, I think you can make a fair judgment who's at fault.
The last one, could go either way, but given the above, it lends bias to one direction over the other, for me.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray