Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 08:59:05 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Maine's NFL Power Rankings, top 5
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Maine's NFL Power Rankings, top 5  (Read 1119 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« on: October 03, 2023, 01:40:08 pm »

A long time ago (like...ten + years or so, maybe longer) we used to have a panel and we would compile the TDMMC's power rankings ever week.  To be frank it was a PITA, getting everyone's votes in.   Grin  So I'm going to do a "top 5" when I feel like it and let all of you rip it apart and add your own.  Here we go.

#5:  Dallas  (3-1)

I know.  I know, I know.  They lost to Arizona.  They also bounced back and beat the tar out of NE and, say what you will about the Pats, they defense is still elite.  Or was until Judon and Gonzales got hurt.  I am going to go ahead and say this right now, Micah Parsons is the best defensive player I've seen in twenty five years. 

#4:  Kansas City  (3-1)

I can hear it now.  "HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE MIAMI IN THE TOP FIVE?"  They went on the road and got smoked, junior.  Winning on the road, no matter who you play, is hard.  KC may have actually made Zach Wilson look like a legit QB for two quarters (which honestly should drop them off my list for that reason alone), but they WON.  On the road.  Like New England's, the Jets' defense is going to be problematic for a lot of opponents this year.  They are very good, KC did just enough to get it done.

#3:  Philly (4-0)

They are undefeated, which is great.  They have a bit of a cupcake schedule coming up, they should run it to 6-0 as well.  Winning, at the end of the day, is all that matters.  If I were an Eagles fan I may be a little nervous.  Squeaking out one win against a bad team is one thing, doing it week after week is another (and I still think River Boat Ron should have gone for two).  One thing their offense seems to have this year they did not last is Swift, who is ridiculous.  The defense needs to come around, they can't keep giving up 20+ points to bad teams.

#2:  Bills (3-1)

The whole "the sky is falling" thing when they lost the opener to the Jets was a bit off, huh?  TBH the Bills may be the most well rounded team in the league.  The defense is relentless and comes at you in waves.  Miller is just hanging out on the bench, waiting for this time to come back.  Offensively they can score at will.  Miami probably made them seem a little better than they are, but don't sleep on this team. Still the class of the AFC.

#1:  Get a box of tissues for 'Stroke

How the hell do you defend the 49ers?  Not rhetorical. The weak part of the offense is probably Purdy, he makes mistakes you would expect a player at his level to make.  And he completed NINETY FIVE PERCENT of his passes.  Not a QB rating of 95.  Read that again.  His offensive line is a wall, you literally can't stop the running attack.  San Fran can attack you with screens, dump offs, check downs, they have burners.  So, again, how do you defend this team?  Equally difficult, how do you score against this defense?  The same descriptions made for offense you can make on the defensive side of the ball.  This team can be very special.  Somewhere out there Sunstroke is smiling.

That is what I have.  No honorable mentions, only top 5.  What say you, board?

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2023, 01:57:40 pm »

I've seen a lot of lists that have KC as the number 2 or 3 with Buffalo below them. I'm wondering what games these people have been watching. I really can't argue against yours. The best thing about this league is you really don't know which teams will show up week to week these are all pretty consistent so far.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
AQNOR

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2023, 02:09:00 pm »

I've seen a lot of lists that have KC as the number 2 or 3 with Buffalo below them. I'm wondering what games these people have been watching. I really can't argue against yours. The best thing about this league is you really don't know which teams will show up week to week these are all pretty consistent so far.

Buffalo is better than KC.   They proved that last year.   Too bad they didn't get to face KC for the right to go to the Super Bowl because they ended up having to play Cincy twice and technically lost twice (they were getting beat pretty bad early on in the Damar Hamlin game).   They match up well against KC, but not so much Cincy.   Fortunately for Buffalo, Cincy is bird shit this year.   

As for the rest of the list, it's pretty spot on.   Micah Parsons should be automatically penciled in as DPOY.   
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2023, 02:22:30 pm »

I'm really happy to see this segment return....
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2023, 02:43:15 pm »

I love that this is back.

Uh, I'm a little frustrated with Dallas.  I have Dak on my fantasy team so I have been going out of my way to catch them and they are slapdicks.  Unorganized, penalized, they leave points on the field, they don't look smooth and well run.

Philly also looks like a team that "plays with their food" a little bit.

Niners are the real deal. 

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2023, 01:24:33 am »

The 49ers are most definitely the real deal, but they do have some weak spots...though not Brock "The Pride of Perry HS" Purdy, as Maine postulated. The 49ers have issues with their inside O-line and outside cover corners on defense.

I'd like to dig up a "receipts" thread for when SF signed Christian McCaffrey. All the folks that said they were wasting their money, and that CMC was too injury-prone. He's been nothing but gold since he arrived.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2023, 09:36:41 am »

I'd like to dig up a "receipts" thread for when SF signed Christian McCaffrey. All the folks that said they were wasting their money, and that CMC was too injury-prone. He's been nothing but gold since he arrived.

GREAT, Thanks for the jinx.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2023, 02:20:25 pm »

I think your list is accurate Maine.

I’m not even sure of Miami is top 10, have we beat anybody? Sure two road wins and Denver are great but we have to absolutely bully the Giants and get a solid W over Carolina. We have to be 5-1 going into week 7z
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2023, 12:47:57 pm »

I’m not even sure of Miami is top 10, have we beat anybody?

Absolutely yes.

Chargers are a playoff team.  We beat them on the road.
Patriots are mid-tier team in our division.  We beat them on the road, also.

Broncos are bad, but we absolutely blew the doors off of them.

Be skeptical, but give credit where it's due.  All three of the Dolphins wins have been impressive, either in their execution or their circumstance.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray