Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 12:18:56 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game - Giants
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game - Giants  (Read 905 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: October 08, 2023, 04:13:18 pm »

Tua

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 05:08:53 pm »

Tua - Pick 6 was at least a 10 point turn around, and other int was another 3 points.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 09:08:31 am »

I have come to a decision for myself that I don't think that there's always going to be a shame of the game.  Tua wasn't at his absolute best and he did have two mistakes, but if you look at his numbers, they're still pretty good.  Over 300 yards, 2 TDs, lots of offense, in a game that was never really in doubt.

I won't disparage anyone for picking him and you can't be turning the ball over, but I think the entire offense was pretty good.

I drink your milkshake!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 10:12:30 am »

I see what you're getting at Dave - I've looked a few times at those two picks, and both times he's forcing it to Waddle.

It's hard when a guy has a lot of success trying his luck, and (according to some here: Saint) Dan Marino over his career also threw a hell of a lot of really bad passes, that over the passage of time some people seem to have entirely forgotten about.

That said... I will still give it to Tua today. The first INT for a pick six may have been particularly unlucky with the ricochet, but even considering that (and if Waddle possibly ran a poor route) then Tua should have thrown it away.

The good news is like Dave said - outside of the two picks, the rest of the day Tua was more than decent, and it didn't kill us.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 10:54:35 am »

Tua threw into double coverage trying to force the ball, and it went for the only TD of the day.  You have to make better decisions.  I love confidence, but over-confidence can get you killed.  This might have been one of Tua's worst games of his pro career, but still walked away with a decent stat line thanks to Tyreek.

Tua is a fair candidate for shame of the game, with HM going to Vic Fangio for not figuring out how to stop the 3rd and long slant pass that they ran all day.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2023, 09:12:06 am »

Tua got sloppy but most of his game wasn't so he had a pretty decent game. Hard to bitch about it when you win by 2 TDs.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray