Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 03:26:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Miami is a paper tiger
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Miami is a paper tiger  (Read 971 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« on: November 05, 2023, 11:15:14 am »

This team may win 10 or 11 games but they are frauds.

The goal in this league is to win the Super Bowl. I’ll never see that in my lifetime.

Debbie Downer? Maybe. A dose of reality? Yes. Miami is flashy. They are exciting, against weak teams. I like Tua a lot. The defense is decent, in the right spots. But as soon as they play a halfway decent team they always - always - fall apart of come up short, 100% of the time.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 01:33:06 pm »

Maine, you gotta chill with the doomposting at halftime.

It doesn't kill anyone to wait until the conclusion of a game to declare how terrible (or amazing!) the team is.  Just... wait until the game is over!  We'll have an entire week to generate takes!

Winning on the road is hard.  BUF, CIN, KC, and PHI still all have to play each other.  Let's just calm down a bit and see where things are in 5 weeks.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 01:37:50 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 04:39:00 pm »

Nope.

I stand by my take. Miami is a decent second-tier team who shoot’s themselves in the foot A LOT. It’s not “doomsday” when it’s true, Miami was never a true threat to win today. In any shape or form. Half time, full time, it didn’t matter in this game. They weren’t going to win because they don’t have “it” to beat quality opponents. They aren’t there yet.

It’s also not going to shock me if they finish with a very good record and zero wins against quality opponents.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 04:54:00 pm »

Miami has suffered a ton of injuries this year on the O-line and defensive backfield.  Their three losses came against teams with strong defensive lines.  Following the bye week a lot of injured players will be back, I think we will get to find out just how good or bad this team is after the break.
AQNOR

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 07:38:33 am »

I agree.   This team will get to the playoffs but they won't get very far.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2023, 10:04:30 am »

I'm not doing this.

You are what your record says you are.

Are we gonna talk about all the great teams the Bills have beaten with their 4 losses to mediocre teams?  The Niners?

What about the Cowboys who have our same schedule?  If the Dolphins aren't in the conversation, who is?  Is it a three team league with the Ravens, Eagles, and Chiefs?

These are scheduled losses for us:  Who had us beating Chiefs, Eagles, or Bills on the road?  Everyone needs to calm down and let the media do their "who have they played?" narrative for the next several weeks.  Then, we can go beat their ass in the playoffs.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 11:20:28 am »

The defense has gotten significantly better since the beginning of the season and I don't mean just adding players. The guys are buying in and doing well. Our Offense continues to get better as we were both in the Eagles and Chiefs game in the 4th quarter before self destructing. It's perfectly reasonable to expect we will be a better team as this season goes on.

Omar asked a great question. If that was the Super Bowl would you be as upset of the game as you are right now? I don't think most of us would.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 11:24:56 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 12:33:47 pm »

I stand by my take. Miami is a decent second-tier team who shoot’s themselves in the foot A LOT. It’s not “doomsday” when it’s true, Miami was never a true threat to win today. In any shape or form. Half time, full time, it didn’t matter in this game. They weren’t going to win because they don’t have “it” to beat quality opponents. They aren’t there yet.
So given that this take is after an away game that MIA lost by one touchdown on the final possession, it sounds like your expectation going into this game was:

a) The Dolphins win, or
b) They are a paper tiger who can never win in your lifetime

Now, I want you to imagine a much younger and more optimistic MaineDolfan from August of this year.  Imagine that you could tell him that the Dolphins would lose in Buffalo, in Philly, and in Germany against KC, but win every other game so far.  Do you think that version of yourself would declare that this team has proven itself incapable of winning a title, based on those three games?  Because I don't.  In fact, my guess is that you would have chalked those three games up as losses the day the schedule was released, and yet still had high hopes for the team.

This thread is an overreaction to being down 21-0 at half, pure and simple.  You were one bad snap away from having to eat every word.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray