Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 08:18:20 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game - Chiefs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game - Chiefs  (Read 1483 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 05, 2023, 12:37:39 pm »

McDaniel. 

The running game was shredding KC and they called four passes in a row?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 12:40:48 pm »

Hill.  2 1st down drops (tough catches but hit his hands) and a fumble for 6 the other way.

He had some catches and yards but your best player needs to make more of an impact.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 01:21:27 pm »

Gotta be Tyreek this game.  He had a lot to say before the game, which is fine... but then you have to back it up.  As Dave said, two big drops on admittedly tough catches, and the fumble 6 for what turned out to be the winning score.  No one got to see his special touchdown celebration for the Chiefs because the Chiefs kept him out of the end zone.

Garrett

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 04:22:53 pm »

Tua. Although he had a descent game, he missed on about 4 throws, that could have been game changers.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 12:06:08 pm »

Tyreek fumbling - allowing a 59 yrd score .  key drops that would have most likely changed the game.

Denver2

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2023, 05:26:13 pm »

Hill with shameful mention to Tua
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 05:58:37 pm »

I think Tua played pretty well, considering.  It's weird that he's getting flack.

My other choice, if not Hill, would be McDaniel for cutesy play calling behind the line of scrimmage that was losing yards -- it seems like high risk plays with little reward when other parts of the offensive game were working in a more traditional sense.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2023, 12:37:25 pm »

Tyreek and I don't even think it's close. Two drops and a "game changing" fumble from the guy who is supposedly our game changer.  No one else is close IMO.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2023, 06:48:47 pm »

Conor Williams.

There was the hold call which nullified a great Mostert run on first down, but what really gets it for me was the bad snap on our last possession of the game which resulted in the Tua fumble and turnover on downs. On the replay it's pretty clear - the ball is on the left hash mark, and Tua is also on the left hash mark, all he has to do is snap it straight. Instead it goes wide right (Tua's non preferred side) and the rest is history.

There were a lot of little mistakes that killed us this game - we were right in it, but stuff like this cost us any chance of a win. If you think about it going back, it almost cost us against the Chargers in week 1 too. 
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2023, 07:36:45 pm »

Tyreek and I don't even think it's close. Two drops and a "game changing" fumble from the guy who is supposedly our game changer.  No one else is close IMO.

I can't give it to Tyreek.

KC blanketed him all game with double and triple coverage (like we did to Kelce) to take him out of the equation (both teams were pretty successful in that).

One of those drops he had his facemask ripped at the line by Snead (not called by the refs, who let a lot go all game outside of the offense and defensive lines) which was why he was fractionally late to the ball and missed the catch.

As for the fumble, I'm with Dave that it was a horrible call by the refs.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray