Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 04:50:02 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Mahomes whining
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mahomes whining  (Read 1006 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: December 11, 2023, 08:49:13 am »

Did anyone see Patrick Mahomes openly bitching about the referees last night because they called an obvious offsides?

That was weird. 

I think there's some minutia that I don't understand, like he's used to having the player be told to move and this time they weren't awarded that courtesy, but I'm not sure.  I really want to like that guy, but the way he complains and flops and it always begging for calls really turns me off.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 09:24:29 am »

Mahomes and Josh Allen are the two biggest crybabies in the NFL and both typically get the calls. It's kind of funny to see Mahomes get so upset when the refs made an obvious correct call.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2023, 11:49:01 am »

^^^ They inherited the Tom Brady love affair with the refs, and to whine about what is obviously offsides just makes me happy.  Hopefully the refs take note of this and start calling games evenly.

Going forward the Chiefs have the easiest schedule of the AFC leaders, so they'll probably win out and the big media story will be about how they did it after this.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2023, 11:51:54 am »

I get it that stars get calls, but in the case of both Mahomes and Allen, they both play in a way that invites the calls.  They're not playing sports in good faith.  They're trying to manipulate the rules meant to protect them, which is shitty and should be flagged.

Two players can't bring Josh Allen down in the open field, but if he's near the sideline running for the sticks, all of a sudden he gets jelly legs real fast when his toe touches the white.  Mahomes also will pretend he's running out of bounds -- pretend he's giving himself up -- and then cut up at the last second and then complain that he took a hit.  But again...not in good faith.  He's trying to get hit out of bounds.

It's hurting the sport.  Protect the QBs, sure -- but don't let them manipulate those rules.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2023, 08:09:59 pm »

Everyone loses their cool every once in a while. I'd be willing to bet the next day he was changing his tune. It's a clear call. It's not even worthy of discussion. Mahomes was just upset and he focused his attention on that play call, but it was the right call, no question. Mahomes just doesn't like to lose and he lost his cool. He's human. Who knew?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2023, 04:06:16 pm »

Everyone loses their cool every once in a while. I'd be willing to bet the next day he was changing his tune. It's a clear call. It's not even worthy of discussion. Mahomes was just upset and he focused his attention on that play call, but it was the right call, no question. Mahomes just doesn't like to lose and he lost his cool. He's human. Who knew?
Mahomes called Allen to apologize for his behavior after the game. I don't think the after game frustration was about the refs as much as his crappy receivers that he doesn't want to throw under the bus. Either way he whines all game so him whining afterwards is kind of on par for him.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray