Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2024, 06:08:20 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Colorado court and Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Colorado court and Trump  (Read 1137 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 20, 2023, 03:43:46 pm »

This will not stick.  Colorado courts don’t decide things for the whole country.

I wish it would, just for entertainment purposes.  Senile Joe against DeSantis in a debate would be entertaining. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 04:07:29 pm »

colorado courts decide things for colorado. Trump can't be on the ballot in colorado, it says nothing about any other state.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 11:12:40 am »

California is trying to follow suit. I saw a poll that said more than 54% of people polled agreed with Colorado and only 35% disagreed. Trump's only hope it the US Supreme court steps in but I think it shows the mindset of the country. Trump can win the GOP but doesn't have much chance on the national stage.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 11:38:09 am »

I don't know how the law works, so I'll let that play out.  I trust the various courts to follow their own state laws, wherever that leads.

Politically, I don't know how much this matters.  Colorado or California aren't at play.  If this were to happen in any red states or swing states, it would matter a lot.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2024, 10:53:18 am »

Let's assume for a moment that the Supreme court decides not to take on this decision and the Colorado decision stands. If Trump's name can't be on the ballot, who's name would be there?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2024, 11:07:18 am »

biden / harris
rando libertarian party candidate
green party candidate
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2024, 11:32:14 am »

Let's assume for a moment that the Supreme court decides not to take on this decision and the Colorado decision stands. If Trump's name can't be on the ballot, who's name would be there?

This would also apply for the primary, I think, if it happened fast enough -- so....whoever is left of Desantis, Haley, the ghost of Ada Hutchison, etc.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2024, 11:50:01 am »

...the ghost of Ada Hutchison 

Unexpected laugh-snorts are the most enjoyable kind... so, thanks for that.  ;-)

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2024, 12:47:15 pm »

While Trump absolutely engaged in a insurrection, I feel removing Trump from the ballot is premature.  I would prefer that it occurred after the resolution of the DC case. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2024, 12:52:49 pm »

While Trump absolutely engaged in a insurrection, I feel removing Trump from the ballot is premature.  I would prefer that it occurred after the resolution of the DC case. 

...and his ever-rotating legal team understands that, and are trying their damnedest to stretch it out until they (or some other GOP idiot) gets to the WH to pardon them.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray