Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2024, 06:42:10 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  I tried to watch a Uvalde documentary
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I tried to watch a Uvalde documentary  (Read 714 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 31, 2023, 01:17:57 pm »

Couldn’t make it five minutes.  So disgusting.  Those officers are pure evil, sniveling cowards.  

Arm the citizenry.  End of the story.  

MAGA 2024
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 01:24:43 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Denver2

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 05:16:05 pm »

Yeah it’s tough to think about, and while I’m a pro 2a leftist, an armed citizenry is exactly why we deal with this all the time. Were the only developed nation that has to worry about this and it’s because of gun access in this country.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2023, 07:06:36 pm »

America...where it is our God-given right to shoot each other.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 07:44:22 pm »

I've kind of taken myself out of the gun debate.  There seem to be a lot of simple things we could easily to do curb a good portion of this and we just don't want to, so I will continue to vote for the things I think are right, but until the population actually wants to stop it, it's gonna go unchecked.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2023, 07:46:46 pm »

The reason why Uvalde regularly happens in the US (and not in any other country) is because we have already "armed the citizenry."

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2024, 02:36:56 am »

I watched a documentary on it on PBS not too long ago.  The problem I saw was there was a major lack of leadership and communication.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2024, 03:33:15 am »

Couldn’t make it five minutes.  So disgusting.  Those officers are pure evil, sniveling cowards.  

Arm the citizenry.  End of the story.  

MAGA 2024

The answer is not to arm everyone. People cannot handle making non life threatening decisions,  much less lethal judgement calls in tense situations. Hell, the military has many people who should have access to firearms or weapons systems. I served with some unfortunately, and so have other veterans.
Gun violence is just the obvious symptom of a societal issue we have been incapable of solving for generations,  and it has just festered and gotten more pervasive.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray