Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 05:38:09 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Thoughts after Ravens loss...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Thoughts after Ravens loss...  (Read 544 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: January 02, 2024, 09:01:19 am »

Well here we are. Win against the Bills at home and you're the #2 seed. Simple. Make no mistake this should really not be that hard. The Bills are not that strong of a team, not right now anyway. They are nothing compared to the Ravens. I don't think they are even close to the Cowboys. This is a very winnable game even with all the injuries that Miami has had lately. Now a caveat is that Miami must play well which they haven't done lately. Even that Cowboys win was uninspiring in my opinion. Dolphins really have not played that well in the last 2 games and if they don't play that well against the Bills then they could very well limp into the playoffs as a wild card team, but I remain VERY optimistic that we can beat the Bills if the Dolphins will just put a complete game together. The Bills really only have 3 weapons on offense, Josh Allen, James Cook and Stefon Diggs. Put Ramsey on Diggs the entire game and force Allen and Cook to beat you with their legs and it really shouldn't be that hard. The Bills struggled to beat New England and the Patriots completely shot themselves in the foot turning the ball over repeatedly. New England did get a TD on a return, but they gave the Bills a ton of points off of turnovers. Make the Bills offense earn it. No turnovers on offense and don't allow Josh Allen to run straight up the field. Rush 4 with a spy. Maintain your rushing lanes. You don't have to sack Allen just force him into running sideways and throwing the ball off the run or off balance and not running straight up the field. If Allen doesn't hurt you with his legs, he hasn't been hurting teams with his arm.

And even if we don't win all is not lost, we're still in the playoffs and I like Miami's chances on the road against anyone other than the Ravens and perhaps the Browns. Would be better to be playing at home, but if we can't beat the Bills at home then we really don't deserve that luxury. I still think Miami can beat most of the other playoff teams even on the road if they play well. Don't play well and well it will have been about a month of not playing well and that is supposed to get you bounced from the playoffs. If that happens the Dolphins really were not as good as we thought they were and the whole rhetoric about not being able to beat good teams will have been proven to be correct all along.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 09:12:09 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 11:37:57 am »

Honestly, the loss isn't even really a big deal to me.  I thought we had very little chance of winning that game and once it got out of hand, it was just piling on.  I'm much more concerned about the injuries we sustained.  We are heading into the most important games completely hobbled.  The injuries this year have just been so devastating.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2024, 09:58:31 am »

^^^ Losing Chubb is a huge blow on defense with all the other injuries.  After this injury I don't see the Dolphins doing much of anything in the playoffs with all the current injuries.  It seems every game lately starts out with a couple Dolphins being injured.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray