Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 01:20:41 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  RIP Carl Weathers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RIP Carl Weathers  (Read 760 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: February 02, 2024, 09:45:12 pm »

It's funny how this guy became connected to so many things I've liked over the years.

Predator is rad.  It's still a movie I love to this day.
He was in Rocky, which was not a franchise I really knew.  I saw the original Rocky just a few years ago for the first time and I enjoyed Creed.  But I know that Weathers was important to that series.
He was in Happy Gilmore, which was just an important movie for my age and where I was in life when it came out.
But I really love Weathers in Arrested Development.  That role still cracks me up to this day and I've rewatched that show a bunch.
And then, the dude shows up in Star Wars.

Great career.  RIP.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 03:04:46 pm »

It's funny how this guy became connected to so many things I've liked over the years.

He was in Rocky, which was not a franchise I really knew.  I saw the original Rocky just a few years ago for the first time and I enjoyed Creed.  But I know that Weathers was important to that series.
He was in Happy Gilmore, which was just an important movie for my age and where I was in life when it came out.
But I really love Weathers in Arrested Development.  That role still cracks me up to this day and I've rewatched that show a bunch.

Great career.  RIP.
Weathers was second only to Rocky himself in the first 2 movies and not far behind Mr T and Dolph Lundgren in the next 2. I always loved everything he did. He will always be Apollo Creed and Jericho "Action" Jackson to me. Great actor and seemed like a pretty good guy.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 12:51:25 am »

Great career.  RIP.

Baby you got yourself a stew goin!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2024, 03:41:59 am »

This hurts.

One of the real good guys (again) has gone -- and someone who is a lot more complex and deep than people will ever give him  credit for.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2024, 06:39:12 pm »

I'll remember him mostly for playing the part of Appollo Creed, but he was a great actor in the movies previously mentioned.  RIP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray