Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 01:24:19 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  How far are we away from Armageddon?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: How far are we away from Armageddon?  (Read 2138 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2024, 03:24:39 pm »

1 is that it doesn't take quantity of land but quality of land. Being in the right place has everything to do with it.
Your statistics about the amount of "foreign-owned land" offer no assessment on the quality of the land they own.  And I'm not ready to accept "it's the best land, trust me" as granted.

The second thing is our military is eat up with foreign agents and even "Americans" who hate America so there's always inside help available to them.
If our military is already "eat up" with double agents and traitors, I don't see why the amount of land owned by the Chinese is even relevant.  If they already have people on the inside, what does it matter how much land they've legally purchased?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 03:27:08 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2024, 04:29:17 am »

I just heard a brutally abrupt question that focuses everything:

Has WW III already begun?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2024, 11:56:44 am »

I just heard a brutally abrupt question that focuses everything:

Has WW III already begun?

What is the basis for that question?  Russia's failed invasion of Afghanistan Ukraine. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2024, 08:42:24 am »

What is the basis for that question?  Russia's failed invasion of Afghanistan Ukraine. 

The ongoing, expanding war in Ukraine is one reason.

The ongoing, expanding war in the middle east is another reason.

China's war-gaming of a potential invasion of Taiwan for a number of years now (the moment they sense any kind of weakness in a USA response, they will go ahead and do it) is another. Plus their expansion of influence through the smaller Pacific islands, claims to South China sea that potentially threaten vital shipping routes.

North Korea and Russia signing a NATO-like pact they will go to war together if one decides to. North Korea is already supplying arms to Russia (along with Iran), and also increasing their rhetoric about the conflict with South Korea never really being over...

There are significant wars already in progress as well as tensions, dialogues are breaking down, and in their place lines are being drawn.

Perhaps the seeds have already been sown?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2024, 09:52:52 am »

^^^ With respect, my Aussie brother:

*1) There is always an "expanding" war going on somewhere
*2) Life in the middle east can usually be described as an "ongoing expanding war"
*3) China is always playing situational military wargames...as are we...as are most governments.
*4) We should fear an attack from N. Korea about as much as we fear an attack by Madagascar...and Russia can barely handle the Ukraine.
*5) There are always wars of some level of significance, and tension is a normal human condition.
*6) Perhaps they look like seeds...perhaps they look like normal pieces of dirt. Perhaps they look like little m&m's...I suppose it all depends how hungry you are.   Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2024, 12:49:31 am »

^^^ With respect, my Aussie brother:

*1) There is always an "expanding" war going on somewhere
*2) Life in the middle east can usually be described as an "ongoing expanding war"
*3) China is always playing situational military wargames...as are we...as are most governments.
*4) We should fear an attack from N. Korea about as much as we fear an attack by Madagascar...and Russia can barely handle the Ukraine.
*5) There are always wars of some level of significance, and tension is a normal human condition.
*6) Perhaps they look like seeds...perhaps they look like normal pieces of dirt. Perhaps they look like little m&m's...I suppose it all depends how hungry you are.   Wink

Yeah I get all of that - but it's more to do with the intensity and the web that's forming which is more of a concern.

When was the last time that Israel had to fight a war simultaneously on four different fronts? (Palestine, Lebanon, Yemen and Iran)

Iran and North Korea supplying weapons to Russia - when did that ever happen? There's the possibility of Russia assisting their nuclear and ballistic programs in return.

Russia and North Korea has never officially signed a pact like that before. It sounds like Russia is trying to strike the same arrangement with China. If China start supplying 5th generation arms to Russia (who's dependence on outdated technology has been exposed in the Ukraine War), that's a massive shift in play.

This is a escalation over anything we have seen over the last 40 plus years (including both Gulf wars and Afghanistan).
Denver2

Email
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2024, 08:51:35 pm »

Yeah I get all of that - but it's more to do with the intensity and the web that's forming which is more of a concern.

When was the last time that Israel had to fight a war simultaneously on four different fronts? (Palestine, Lebanon, Yemen and Iran)

Iran and North Korea supplying weapons to Russia - when did that ever happen? There's the possibility of Russia assisting their nuclear and ballistic programs in return.

Russia and North Korea has never officially signed a pact like that before. It sounds like Russia is trying to strike the same arrangement with China. If China start supplying 5th generation arms to Russia (who's dependence on outdated technology has been exposed in the Ukraine War), that's a massive shift in play.

This is an escalation over anything we have seen over the last 40 plus years (including both Gulf wars and Afghanistan).

It’s a tough time in the world man for sure

Are closer now to extinction than at any other point?

Things will go on as they always have, getting weirder all the time

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2024, 11:11:34 am »

We are getting closer and closer to extinction but not because of any of the reasons listed.

We won't survive an ice free planet.  Human life will go extinct by 2200, possibly 2100.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray