Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:19:33 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  What're you watching/playing? 4/25/2024
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What're you watching/playing? 4/25/2024  (Read 466 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: April 25, 2024, 02:12:02 pm »

I'm still watching my old movies.  This month was 1939 and there are a lot of bangers.  In addition to The Wizard of Oz and Gone With the Wind, which I had already seen, I also watched Mr. Smith Goes to Washington and Stagecoach as standouts.  I really enjoyed Stagecoach.  There were a bunch of others, but these were some favorites.

I am working my way through The Sopranos and am about halfway through the final season -- which is oddly about twice the length of the other seasons for some reason.  So, I have about one season left, which they call 6B.  I enjoy it but I am ready for it to be over.  It seems like it's starting to recycle plot points.

For games, I play Fortnite with some friends, but have really gotten into Lego Fornite. It's free and is kinda of like Minecraft, I guess.  It has nothing to do with Fornite and is it's own game that is about building cool things.  It's glitchy, but fun.  And it's not stressful since no children are killing me in frustrating ways.  I've liked it a lot.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 02:31:00 pm »

I just wrapped up Shogun and i'm kinda looking for a new show. I've been playing Path of Exile on PC, that game's still good and Free to play.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2024, 10:08:59 pm »

The last season of The Sopranos is longer because I really consider it two separate seasons although they don't. There was a 10 month break in the middle.

I  finished Homicide so now I'm getting ready to start rewatching another old show St, Elsewhere.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2024, 05:06:14 am »

Almost two weeks ago, I started a new project: watch one new episode of TV every day.
This might sound absurd, but between video games, YouTube, and just browsing the internet, I don't watch much TV.  So I made a list of TV shows I currently have access to and would like to watch (or catch up on).  I identified a total of 55 TV series.  So this project will likely last a while.  (In the spirit of some of Dave's earlier posts, I would also like to try to watch one new movie every weekend, though I'm not sure I'll be able to follow through on that one.)

So far, I finished the most recent Hard Knocks (after the TEN game, I lost motivation to watch recaps of despair).  I also finished Secret Invasion (pretty good!) and I'm a couple of episodes into She-Hulk.  I anticipate the first few months will be Marvel shows: season 2 of Loki and What If?, followed by Echo and then basically all of the Netflix Marvel series (I've only seen the first 2 seasons of Daredevil and the first season of Jessica Jones).  Also near the top of the list is finishing up Castlevania and High Score Girl, then watching Better Call Saul, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Silicon Valley, and The Crown.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 05:08:22 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2024, 09:57:00 am »

We just wrapped up Fallout on Amazon. It depicts the aftermath of the Great War of 2077 in an alternate version of California/America. Anything with Walton Goggins seems to always be entertaining and this was no different. Looking forward to the next season.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2024, 10:00:13 am »

I've got two episodes left of Shogun...really like this show, I just started it late.  I just started watching Fallout as well. Weird show, but not totally awful.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2024, 05:29:39 pm »

Oo .. maybe i'll watch fallout next !!
Denver2

Email
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2024, 12:02:43 pm »

I just finished Yellowjackets both seasons and it’s one the best shows I’ve ever seen.

I also finished Fallout which was pretty good, easily the best video game adaptation.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray