Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 07:54:12 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Best Sports Drafts Steals
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Best Sports Drafts Steals  (Read 1371 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2024, 03:27:19 pm »

Do you guys think Purdy has already made a case? Winning as many games as he has in 2 years and losing a Super Bowl I mean it’s impressive considering his last man draft status, but it remains to be seen if he’s more than a game manager.

He definitely has made the case that he shouldn't be called Mr irrelevant and because of his draft position he doesn't have to match Brady to surpass Brady's value, but I wouldn't even consider Purdy as challenging Brady until he has accomplished enough to be a lock for the HoF.  And he has a long way to go to reach that.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2024, 03:59:59 pm »

Do you guys think Purdy has already made a case?

Trying to make this kind of case for Purdy a mere 2 years in seems kind of silly.   Ask again a decade from now.

...it remains to be seen if he’s more than a game manager.

Only for those with their eyes closed...   Kiss

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Denver2

Email
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2024, 06:21:09 pm »

He definitely has made the case that he shouldn't be called Mr irrelevant and because of his draft position he doesn't have to match Brady to surpass Brady's value, but I wouldn't even consider Purdy as challenging Brady until he has accomplished enough to be a lock for the HoF.  And he has a long way to go to reach that.

I agree but I’m not equating anyone to Brady or even close except for maybe Jokic is who is the only one I can see scratching at him. And hoodie you know how painful this is for me to say.

I’m more interested in who else across the major sports leagues is even on the list or anyone else has a compelling case for #2 which to my eyes is clearly Nikola Jokic
Denver2

Email
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2024, 06:22:33 pm »

Trying to make this kind of case for Purdy a mere 2 years in seems kind of silly.   Ask again a decade from now.

Only for those with their eyes closed...   Kiss

I’m not making a case for him to supplant Brady or any of the others listed quite yet but I am wondering if he will make one. You’re right we see in 5-10 years lol

If Purdy has success in fine with it I just don’t want him to become the next Brady because he doesn’t play for Miami lol
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2024, 09:46:02 pm »

The best draft pick is the one you don't have to spend.

No such thing. A steal as a player sure. I'll join in that conversation but he doesn't qualify as a draft pick.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2024, 10:47:46 am »

Brady was the best draft value.  An argument can be made Warner was a better value as his cost was lower (free)

you're bordering on "technically correct" here
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2024, 11:39:19 am »

It's too early to make a call on Purdy.  He could continue to be successful as the team changes or he could be a backup on the Ravens in 3 years.  Nothing would surprise me.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray