Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 07:20:23 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins 2024 schedule released
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins 2024 schedule released  (Read 1751 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« on: May 15, 2024, 10:25:47 pm »

I wanted to separate this from the previous speculation thread.

Week 1: Sunday Sep. 8 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
1:00pm ET, CBS

Week 2: Thursday Sep. 12 vs. Buffalo Bills    
8:15pm ET, Amazon Prime Video

Week 3: Sunday Sep. 22 at Seattle Seahawks
4:05pm ET, CBS

Week 4: Monday Sep. 30 vs. Tennessee Titans
7:30pm ET, ESPN

Week 5: Sunday Oct. 6 at New England Patriots
1:00pm ET, FOX

Week 6: BYE

Week 7: Sunday Oct. 20 at Indianapolis Colts

Week 8: Sunday Oct. 27 vs. Arizona Cardinals

Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 3 at Buffalo Bills

Week 10: Monday Nov. 11 at Los Angeles Rams    
8:15pm ET, ESPN

Week 11: Sunday Nov. 17 vs. Las Vegas Raiders    

Week 12: Sunday Nov. 24 vs. New England Patriots

Week 13: Thursday Nov. 28 (Thanksgiving) at Green Bay Packers
8:20pm ET, NBC

Week 14: Sunday Dec. 8 vs. New York Jets    

Week 15: Sunday Dec. 15 at Houston Texans

Week 16: Sunday Dec. 22 vs. San Francisco 49ers
4:25pm ET, CBS

Week 17: Sunday Dec. 29 at Cleveland Browns
8:20pm ET, NBC

Week 18: Sunday Jan. 5 at New York Jets
TBD

Denver2

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 12:36:44 am »

I actually see us 7-0 at best and 5-2 at worst after week 8, November and December looks brutal so you have to sweep the jets beat the pats in that part of the year and Vegas and get a least one upset.

I see us making the playoffs with another legit shot for the division, I think we’re gonna start strong let’s if we can sustain moment for home field and win a playoff game

I wish it was a day game, and that we didn’t have a Thursday game already ( I hate TNF ) but I am very excited to see Miami on Thanksgiving we have had some good moments maybe lighting strikes again.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 12:41:44 am by Denver2 » Logged
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2024, 02:13:04 am »

Other than the Bye week being early, this is a good schedule for Miami.  Late cold weather games are against Cleveland and NYJ, much better than Buffalo, GB, or NE in late December.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2024, 08:23:34 am »

This is the worst schedule I can remember for several reasons.

- Not sure who we pissed off but Bye Week 6 is way too early. Bills and Jets is Week 12. Pats is week 14.  We will be physically beat up by years end.
- West Coast trips are not together
- Cold arse night game away on Thanksgiving
- No 1:00 hot game advantages. Only one of the 3 home game in September and it's against another Florida team.
- Final 6 games to finish season are brutal. 4 of the 6 are away and many are cold games.

The only positive I see is that we play @Buffalo early in November.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 08:29:33 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2024, 08:26:15 am »

I actually see us 7-0 at best and 5-2 at worst after week 8, November and December looks brutal so you have to sweep the jets beat the pats in that part of the year and Vegas and get a least one upset.

I see us making the playoffs with another legit shot for the division, I think we’re gonna start strong let’s if we can sustain moment for home field and win a playoff game

I wish it was a day game, and that we didn’t have a Thursday game already ( I hate TNF ) but I am very excited to see Miami on Thanksgiving we have had some good moments maybe lighting strikes again.
We will struggle against the Jets. Their defense was great last year and got better. They never played with a lead last year and had to make things happen to win. This year the Jets offense should be much better even with an older Rodgers so they won't have to take so many chances. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2024, 11:30:37 am »

My understanding is that if teams request west Coast road games be back to back the league will honor that request.  If the Dolphins didn't make such a request that is on the team.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2024, 01:38:04 pm »

My understanding is that if teams request west Coast road games be back to back the league will honor that request.  If the Dolphins didn't make such a request that is on the team.

I don't find this believable. None of the AFC East has back to back west coast games.

I found a 2020 article saying the Bills were the only AFC East to not make such a request that year. It didn't happen for any of them then either. Request away but getting approved doesn't seem likely.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 01:50:05 pm by Phishfan » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2024, 09:36:46 am »

I forgot to mention ...  The Dolphins will go a stretch of 47 days with just one home game against Arizona. From September 30th until November 17th we have one home game in October.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2024, 06:16:49 pm »

MIA is playing exactly two daytime home games before Halloween, and both are against warm-weather teams (JAX and ARI).

The league has certainly heard the complaints about the conditions in Miami and is clearly scheduling accordingly.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2024, 03:05:40 pm »

The NFL schedule is designed to maximize TV revenue.  That is the only consideration.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2024, 04:09:09 pm »

That's definitely not true, based on the blackout rules.

More to the point, there's no reason to believe that scheduling MIA's home night games in September "maximizes TV revenue" compared to November or December.  The Dolphins being a consistently winning team since 2020 means they get more night games than the two-per-year they were getting in the 2010s, which gives the league the ability to flex out some of those early season day games in Miami.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2024, 04:17:23 pm »

Every year, there's some decision where I just don't feel good about it.  This one is that the Jets have 6 Primetime games in the first 11 weeks. 

I understand that it's a big market and that Aaron Rodgers is a TV draw, but 6 out of 11?  They've had 8 losing seasons in a row.  They're the modern Cleveland Browns -- perennial losers that are supposed to be good every year.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2024, 09:23:31 am »

I'm hoping to have a chance to go to that Rams game in November.  It depends on the Florida Panthers schedule whenever that comes out...  That would be great.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2024, 07:54:13 pm »

Every year, there's some decision where I just don't feel good about it.  This one is that the Jets have 6 Primetime games in the first 11 weeks. 

I understand that it's a big market and that Aaron Rodgers is a TV draw, but 6 out of 11?  They've had 8 losing seasons in a row.  They're the modern Cleveland Browns -- perennial losers that are supposed to be good every year.

They have to do those early in the season because by week #11 the Jets will be out of the playoff picture.  Cheesy
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2024, 08:09:18 pm »

This is the worst schedule I can remember for several reasons.

- Not sure who we pissed off but Bye Week 6 is way too early. Bills and Jets is Week 12. Pats is week 14.  We will be physically beat up by years end.
- West Coast trips are not together
- Cold arse night game away on Thanksgiving
- No 1:00 hot game advantages. Only one of the 3 home game in September and it's against another Florida team.
- Final 6 games to finish season are brutal. 4 of the 6 are away and many are cold games.

The only positive I see is that we play @Buffalo early in November.

I don't like West Coast trips together, I think it's better to fly out and come back home; not to stay out in California for a week.  These guys aren't flying coach, they can have a comfortable sleep on the way back home.  IMO when teams stay in a different 3 hour time zone for a week it affects their sleep cycles for a couple weeks after.  Not to mention they only have two west coast games. The first is Seattle and it is followed by a Monday night home game against Tennessee, so they have an extra day to recoup against an easy team the following week.  The other is a Monday night game against the Rams, which is a little problematic since it creates a short week, but that is a home game against Las Vegas (most likely a weaker opponent).
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray