Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 10:25:34 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Pat Mahomes vs. Russell Wilson
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pat Mahomes vs. Russell Wilson  (Read 837 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: May 21, 2024, 11:42:40 pm »

Russell Wilson had 26 TDs and 8 ints last season.  This is after 16 TDs and 11 ints in 2022.

Pat Mahomes had 27 TDs and 14 ints last season.  This is after 41 TDs and 12 ints in 2022.  

When I first saw this, I thought it was a typo.

Does Pat Mahomes have THAT much better a supporting cast?

Is there a chance Pat Mahomes is not the greatest quarterback in the league right now?

Was the difference in their contracts so big that it prevented the Broncos from supporting Wilson properly?

Did Wilson throw garbage time touchdown passes in losses?

Was Wilson really the cause of the last two disappointing seasons for the Broncos?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 09:55:24 am »

Mahomes is probably the best QB in the league, I'd say, but you can make an argument that isn't, I suppose. 

You're picking one year of data.  In that year, Mahomes kinda had a down year.  Also in that year, Wilson had an up year.

Mahomes is the better player.  Wilson's contract is too much.  That is partially but probably not the only reason that his team isn't as good.

It's hard to put the cause of the Broncos poor play solely on Wilson, but his team isn't great and he's getting so much cap that it's hard for them to improve.  Even when he plays pretty well, it's not enough.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 02:23:52 pm »

Patrick Mahomes has so many intangibles that don't show up on stats. Right now any other QB is playing for second best as he can't really be touched.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2024, 02:39:21 pm »

This is really the only period of my NFL fandom where there was a clear and huge gap between the #1 QB in the league and everyone else.

Montana had Marino and Elway, Brady had Peyton, Brees, and Rodgers.  Mahomes is just on a different level than everyone else in the league, and has been for a while.  Even in his SB loss to the Bucs he threw the most ridiculous pass I've ever seen in my life, just to have his receiver drop it after it hit him in the face mask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdBP6jDOkWY

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray