Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:21:11 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Fauci confesses he 'made up' covid rules including 6 feet social distancing &
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Fauci confesses he 'made up' covid rules including 6 feet social distancing &  (Read 983 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: June 02, 2024, 12:37:43 pm »

Funny how time just continues to prove how much the "government" was wrong in their Covid lockdowns.

Fauci said he does not know where the six foot social distancing rule came from and also said that he was unaware of studies recommending masks for schoolkids. Yet he mandated both.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2024, 01:44:33 pm »

Yes, six foot was somewhat arbitrary.  It is a well established fact that the closer you are to someone the more likely you will transmit the germs.  But there is no exact distance and in fact the US was one of few countries to adopt a six foot recommendation.  The vast majority of countries recommended a distance of slightly more than 6.5 feet.  The CDC initially recommended 10 feet, but it was reduced because it was viewed as unworkable.

Not having hard data on the exact optimal distance on day 1 of the pandemic should surprise no one and is hardly a scandal.  Recommending social distancing was the right call and based on science.  Choosing 6 feet instead of 5 feet or 6.5 feet was not based on any specific scientific research. It was pretty obvious to me when the US was recommending 6 feet and the rest of the world was recommending 2 meters that this was a ballpark number as opposed to something I should be measuring with a tape measure. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2024, 05:08:23 pm »

Funny how time just continues to prove how much the "government" was wrong in their Covid lockdowns.

Fauci said he does not know where the six foot social distancing rule came from and also said that he was unaware of studies recommending masks for schoolkids. Yet he mandated both.

If I said "gosh, you're so wise and intuitive!," would you take a couple of weeks off from all the whiney horseshit you drop up here?

...asking for a friend almost everyone.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2024, 05:12:16 pm »

Yawn. Let's move past COVID.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2024, 05:33:06 pm »

When did the federal government "mandate" six-foot distancing and masks for schools?
Outside of areas like federal buildings, airports, and military bases - i.e. areas controlled by the feds - all such mandates I'm aware of were issued by state & local governments.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2024, 09:03:01 am »

When did the federal government "mandate" six-foot distancing and masks for schools?
Outside of areas like federal buildings, airports, and military bases - i.e. areas controlled by the feds - all such mandates I'm aware of were issued by state & local governments.

I would also like to hear how Trump mandated 6 foot distancing and masks for schools. Please continue.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2024, 09:15:40 am »

Are you suggesting that it isn't a wise policy to stand back from people who are sick?  What's the controversy here?

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2024, 10:20:35 am »

Are you suggesting that it isn't a wise policy to stand back from people who are sick?  What's the controversy here?
LOL ... you people acted like they were God's instructions. Actually I'd say more important considering few of you believe in God. In fact, Hoodie and others thought non-vaccers should be punished even though vaccines didn't stop getting the virus. Makes sense to no one. Others probably said that too but I specifically remember him and his silly fears.

We even had a mandate to stay 25' away from other boaters on the water. Life was just goofy and many of us didn't change a thing and are still here to laugh about it. If only all you guys' fears were true all of us non vaccers would be gone.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2024, 10:22:46 am »

Life was just goofy and many of us didn't change a thing and are still here to laugh about it.

Also many of you aren't.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2024, 12:09:43 pm »

In fact, Hoodie and others thought non-vaccers should be punished even though vaccines didn't stop getting the virus. Makes sense to no one.
I think drunk drivers should be punished even though driving sober doesn't stop accidents.  Does that also "make no sense" to you?

We even had a mandate to stay 25' away from other boaters on the water.
Who issued that mandate: the federal government, the state of Florida, or your local municipality?

I'm still waiting to hear who issued the distancing and school masking mandates, because I'm pretty sure it was not Donald Trump's CDC.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2024, 02:27:50 pm »

I don't like any for or against linking the pandemic to partisanship, from the medical community.  For politicians, sure -- but Fauci and all scientists should be non-partisan as much as possible.  The only thing that matters in science is truth.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2024, 04:40:53 pm »

Scientists can't remain neutral when one side - and always one side - is relentlessly attacking science.
It's no different than asking journalists to remain neutral when one side is lying non-stop and the other side isn't:

In another meeting, I and a couple of other editorial leaders were encouraged to make sure that any coverage of a Trump lie was matched with a story about a lie from Hillary Clinton. Another colleague asked what to do if one candidate just lied more than the other. Another silent response.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2024, 05:37:53 pm »

Also many of you aren't.
And not only are many of you not still here but they keep falling every day with unexplained heart stoppages and other muscular diseases that show up out of nowhere. Oddly I know at least 2 people whose heart just stopped electrically as did the Buffalo player with no blockages. All three had the shot Same as the liberal friend in NYC who died because her heart was attacked because of an unknown "virus".  may not be proof in itself but it isn't NOT proof. Just saying.

I am the admin of over 1700 people I went to high school with on FB. I started the group in 2017 as we held a reunion that covered all the classes in school when we were freshman to all the people who were freshman when we were seniors.  It sure seems a lot of people are dying quite often with unexplained natural causes. Again ... not proof but it isn't NOT proof either.

I think drunk drivers should be punished even though driving sober doesn't stop accidents.  Does that also "make no sense" to you?
Not sure why this stupid comment. Of course I believe drunk drivers should be punished and non drunk drivers left alone. You know, very similar to how I see owning a gun. Punish the ones who use it illegally and leave the law abiding citizens alone.

Not that you really care but none of this explains why you should punish someone for not falling for government voodoo speeches with no proof to back up why they should be able to override the constitution.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2024, 07:02:06 pm »

And not only are many of you not still here but they keep falling every day with unexplained heart stoppages and other muscular diseases that show up out of nowhere. Oddly I know at least 2 people whose heart just stopped electrically as did the Buffalo player with no blockages. All three had the shot Same as the liberal friend in NYC who died because her heart was attacked because of an unknown "virus".  may not be proof in itself but it isn't NOT proof. Just saying.
Of course, this deadly revelation can only work in one direction: the person who was hooked up to a ventilator with near-fatal COVID symptoms in summer 2020, gets a COVID vaccine in spring 2021, and then dies of a heart stoppage in 2022 was "killed by aftereffects of the vaccine" that gave him a mild fever and some muscle aches for a day, and not by aftereffects of the deadly disease that had him knocking on death's door.

The COVID vaccines don't work, remember?  According to you, they can't stop anyone from getting COVID.  So if someone previously had COVID and got the jab, which one of those two things killed them months or years after the fact?  Why, the vaccine, of course!

Of course I believe drunk drivers should be punished and non drunk drivers left alone. You know, very similar to how I see owning a gun. Punish the ones who use it illegally and leave the law abiding citizens alone.
Why should I be arrested for drinking and driving if I haven't even had an accident, just because some other losers can't handle their liquor?  Leave the law abiding citizens alone.

Seems like you're fine with criminalizing potentially-dangerous actions (before anything bad has happened yet) when it comes to drinking and driving, but not when it comes to vaccine denialism or gun ownership.

P.S. It seems you're ready to concede that Fauci didn't "mandate" distancing or masking in schools, and that the premise of this thread is fictional.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2024, 07:12:05 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2024, 11:42:24 am »

Did you guys know that 100% of people that got covid vaccines fell asleep at some point.

Obviously covid vaccines cause sleep!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray