Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 06:50:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Xavien Howard
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Xavien Howard  (Read 1090 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: June 03, 2024, 11:22:23 pm »

He remains unsigned.

Could he be past his prime?

Is his asking price too high?

Have teams realized that he is a mugger?

I wonder if he will just retire.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2024, 12:18:36 am »

Yes
Yes
Yes
Maybe
Denver2

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2024, 09:30:11 am »

X gave us a lot of good years but he has been a liability recently and he’s a bit of a head case so I’m glad he’s gone.

Yes
Yes
Yes
No, not with that child support bill
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2024, 10:27:51 am »

Wait till the season starts and some team loses a corner to injury, he'll find a spot on a roster then. Probably not for the money he wants, but he'll be willing to lower his asking price then.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2024, 12:33:47 am »

I don't know why anyone is that surprised he hasn't been signed yet.

He's a veteran who finished last season injured, and any possible suitors are doing their due diligence to see if he has recovered/will recover from that injury, and if he suits their defensive style. From his perspective, of course there's the money aspect, but he'd be smart to give a big chunk of that up to be able to play for a possible contender.

Stephon Gilmore (fellow "mugger") is in exactly the same scenario. They are both past their prime, but both would be a good addition to the right system at the right price. I think both will be on a NFL roster somewhere for 2024.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2024, 01:24:33 am by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2024, 07:15:13 am »

X is still a good DB. He just isn't worth the contract he was playing under any longer. It's not like he just sucks. Many players like X purposely ask for higher money because they don't want to do camps. I don't think there is any way he isn't on a roster as a starter when the season starts.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2024, 02:35:18 pm »

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40298947/xavien-howard-sent-explicit-content-ex-son

Yeah this guy has some serious issues
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2024, 03:10:39 pm »

I saw that and all I could think was I'm glad he's not our problem anymore.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2024, 03:35:42 pm »

When I see stories about things like this, I usually think about myself -- not only about how lucky I am that people are pulling this type of crap to me, but also that I'm not the kind of tortured person who feels compelled to do this stuff to other people.

I just do not go for drama or complications like this at all.  What a miserable existence.

I drink your milkshake!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2024, 12:13:49 am »

Geez, the guy needs help based on that.

Forget what I said earlier about his prospects of being signed up, this is career killing material.

The NFL moral police (Goodall) is very likely to issue some kind of suspension, and most if not all teams will be put off by the additional risk, even if they look beyond this behavior in the first place.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2024, 04:14:37 pm »

Geez, the guy needs help based on that.

Forget what I said earlier about his prospects of being signed up, this is career killing material.

The NFL moral police (Goodall) is very likely to issue some kind of suspension, and most if not all teams will be put off by the additional risk, even if they look beyond this behavior in the first place.

Yeah. He’s had plenty of red flags before and seemed to have some off season issues just ..this is definitely bad and I hope he and his victims get some help.

I’m so glad he’s gone. I wish we would have sent him packing with the Chubb trade and tried to get Surtain jR from Denver at the same time.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray