Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 04:09:05 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Discussing Chop Robinson and expectations
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Discussing Chop Robinson and expectations  (Read 886 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: June 06, 2024, 01:14:15 pm »

It’s well know he didn’t have great stats in college. In fact, Joe Rose said his stats are the lowest he’s ever seen for a first rounder which I assume is him being facetious. Either way, it got me to thinking about how we drafted him off of potential. So I’m curious … has there ever been a guy who had low college stats that blew up in the NFL?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2024, 02:29:59 pm »

Stats can be very misleading at times, especially in team sports.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2024, 03:00:22 pm »

Stats can be very misleading at times, especially in team sports.

I get it. I just would like to see some other poor stats guys who excelled. I can't think of any and was hoping you guys could. I can come up with plenty who had good stats in college and then sucked in the NFL.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2024, 10:41:07 pm »

I can’t say and I don’t even know where to look really.

This is a big swing that could pay off really well or be whiffed when we could have used a offensive line
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2024, 11:54:03 pm »

It’s well know he didn’t have great stats in college. In fact, Joe Rose said his stats are the lowest he’s ever seen for a first rounder which I assume is him being facetious. Either way, it got me to thinking about how we drafted him off of potential. So I’m curious … has there ever been a guy who had low college stats that blew up in the NFL?
Not sure if you only mean first-rounders, but you can look at any list of "best undrafted players" and find guys who had low college stats but became Pro Bowlers in the NFL.  Players like Priest Holmes, James Harrison, or Chris Harris.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2024, 07:58:30 am »

Not sure if you only mean first-rounders, but you can look at any list of "best undrafted players" and find guys who had low college stats but became Pro Bowlers in the NFL.  Players like Priest Holmes, James Harrison, or Chris Harris.
I was meaning first rounders but am glad if that is true. It gives hope.

Sibster

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2024, 02:27:54 pm »

Two words.   Tim Bowens.  That's all I'm gonna say.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2024, 07:57:24 am »

Two words.   Tim Bowens.  That's all I'm gonna say.

A good name at that... but a very, very rare one in regard to first round reaches that work out. Very happy it was one of ours!
Sibster

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2024, 08:32:58 am »

A good name at that... but a very, very rare one in regard to first round reaches that work out. Very happy it was one of ours!

Reach is an understatement.   The Dolphins literally extended their arm like Stretch Armstrong to get this guy.   He played a total of nine college games at the Division 1 level.   NINE.  When Shula took him, other NFL team execs were either laughing their heads off or thoroughly bewildered.   Especially when come minicamp, he was so out of shape that he couldn't finish the conditioning drills.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2024, 11:18:24 am by Sibster » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray