Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 04:54:02 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  McDaniel puts emphasis on the 24 years of no playoff wins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: McDaniel puts emphasis on the 24 years of no playoff wins  (Read 1115 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: June 07, 2024, 10:51:29 am »

He wants everyone to be reminded and get used to doing everything to eliminate the drought. I hope it works.

"What can we learn from all of this and how do we adjust what we do now to hedge our bet? ... You get what you emphasize," McDaniel said. "Well, why not find ways to emphasize finishing in everything you do? Obsess about it. Why not have for half the offseason, you're trying to have staff meetings at different times during the day. I had every staff meeting I put at like 7:24 or 3:24 or 5:24 -- the number 24.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40293858/dolphins-mike-mcdaniel-emphasizing-24-year-playoff-win-drought

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2024, 11:18:08 am »

Twenty fours years is for the fans, not the players.  What is way more relevant is the team lost the last three games in a row.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2024, 02:28:08 pm »

Twenty fours years is for the fans, not the players.  What is way more relevant is the team lost the last three games in a row.

+1

And they lost those games because of an anemic offense.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2024, 10:37:41 pm »

He’s going to win one this year I can feel it.

Perhaps I’ll be burned but I think we win the division and win at least one playoff game.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2024, 11:57:54 pm »

And they lost those games because of an anemic offense.
Most offenses should be anemic in -4 degree weather.  The fact that KC's looked better than they did in Germany speaks to how bad MIA's defense played in KC.
And I wouldn't blame a loss in which the opponent scored 56 points on "an anemic offense."

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2024, 01:38:57 am »

And I wouldn't blame a loss in which the opponent scored 56 points on "an anemic offense."

I respectfully disagree. If your offense continues to go three and out (or turn the ball over) and your defense is stuck on the field all the time, that will happen.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2024, 01:47:43 am »

He wants everyone to be reminded and get used to doing everything to eliminate the drought. I hope it works.

"What can we learn from all of this and how do we adjust what we do now to hedge our bet? ... You get what you emphasize," McDaniel said. "Well, why not find ways to emphasize finishing in everything you do? Obsess about it. Why not have for half the offseason, you're trying to have staff meetings at different times during the day. I had every staff meeting I put at like 7:24 or 3:24 or 5:24 -- the number 24.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40293858/dolphins-mike-mcdaniel-emphasizing-24-year-playoff-win-drought

Brave statement by McDaniel... and possibly foolhardy if he doesn't achieve this (or if we actually miss the payoffs) this season.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2024, 04:17:40 pm »

Brave statement by McDaniel... and possibly foolhardy if he doesn't achieve this (or if we actually miss the payoffs) this season.

Man I got some faith.

I think we will win won this year, I think we have division and win at least one. I think we got a real shot to be better than last year, Christian Wilkins be damned.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2024, 07:20:47 pm »

I respectfully disagree. If your offense continues to go three and out (or turn the ball over) and your defense is stuck on the field all the time, that will happen.
BAL scored 28 points in the first half and 28 in the second half.  They scored 3 touchdowns in the 2nd quarter.  Was the defense already tired before halftime?

The offense bailed the defense out BIG TIME the last game the Dolphins played in Baltimore.  They bailed out the defense again in week 1 when the Chargers were scoring at will.  And in the other blowout loss this season, the defense got exactly 1 stop before halftime.

The defense last year was not good.  The offense had the most yards in the league.  And yet people continue to blame the offense for every loss.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray