Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 04:16:24 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Open boarders is doing wonders for our safety
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Open boarders is doing wonders for our safety  (Read 1532 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: June 14, 2024, 02:00:30 pm »

I realize many of you are probably ok with open borders but how do things like  this not make you question that or do you just count on the government to protect you?

A brutal Venezuelan sex-trafficking gang is now in America's biggest cities. Chinese organized crime syndicates running drug farms with slave labor in half a dozen US states. Mexican drug cartels are operating vile human smuggling operations over the southern border with near impunity.

On Tuesday, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) apprehended eight alleged ISIS operatives in Los Angeles, New York City and Philadelphia.

The thread tying all of these imminent public safety and national security threats together is a runway illegal immigration crisis exposing America to an invasion of 'ghost' criminals, paramilitary foot soldiers and potential terrorists.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13519319/migrant-gang-invasion-ISIS-LA-Venezuela-sex-traffickers-Texas-Chinese-drug-Maine.html

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2024, 02:34:54 pm »

we should close our borders with venezuela and china immediately !!!!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2024, 02:53:50 pm »

On a more serious note (probably more serious than this post deserves), any problem with the state of Immigration reform i put squarely at the feet of the GOP.

There was a bipartisan deal negotiated in the senate a few years ago that got killed by the GOP.
There was another bipartisan deal negotiated in the house just a year or two ago that not only was killed by the MAGAs but also took the extra step to ostracize the republican who led the negotiations.

If you don't like open borders, blame the republicans, they love open borders, it lets them scare the idiots into voting for them.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2024, 03:32:03 pm »

The freaking bills were loaded with other BS things. There needs to be a stand alone Bill and pass it. In fact, I think all bills should be stand alone so they can quit hiding their friends' money.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2024, 03:33:59 pm »

The freaking bills were loaded with other BS things. There needs to be a stand alone Bill and pass it. In fact, I think all bills should be stand alone so they can quit hiding their friends' money.

I'm on board with that!

Stop adding bullshit hidden stuff to random bills.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2024, 03:58:25 pm »

This is a bullshit excuse.

Sure, I agree with you.  We should have clean bills.  But we don't and we never will.  So, that purity test is just an excuse to not do things.  Pork is part of American politics.

I drink your milkshake!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2024, 04:07:15 pm »

Also, let's call call bullshit on bullshit.

This bill was negotiated by Republicans with all of the things that the Republicans wanted.  Then Trump told them not to, because it would hurt his election efforts, so Mike Johnson refused to put the bill on the floor that had enough votes to pass.

Cut the partisan shit.

I drink your milkshake!
Denver2

Email
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2024, 09:36:09 pm »

That graphic is just moral panic. Sex trafficking. Ok Jim Caviezel
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2024, 10:37:15 pm »

I'm wondering why MN, AR, OH and WV are in orange even though they didn't bother to put a pin for the type of migrant gang that has invaded those states.  (I'm guessing that the blue pin that looks like it's in MS is intended to be over New Orleans.)

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2024, 10:53:44 am »

No mention of the largest gangs in the US.... Mafia, Irish Mob and KKK.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2024, 10:06:16 am »

Also, let's call call bullshit on bullshit.

This bill was negotiated by Republicans with all of the things that the Republicans wanted.  Then Trump told them not to, because it would hurt his election efforts, so Mike Johnson refused to put the bill on the floor that had enough votes to pass.

Cut the partisan shit.
LMAO  ... you sound just like CNN ... almost verbatim actually. It so easy to leave out the facts to make it sound silly.  In that specific Bill it sent a ton of money to Ukraine and essentially back to Blackrock which most Republicans were against. In fact most tof the money sent to Ukraine is funneled to those businesses where executives are making Billions and passing it back to politicians who in turn vote to do it again.

No mention of the largest gangs in the US.... Mafia, Irish Mob and KKK.
Seriously ... the KKK is a problem in your neighborhood? LOL ...  You're so dramatic. Next you'll be saying "There were very fine people on both sides, & I'm not talking about the Neo-nazis and white supremacists because they should be condemned totally" was Trump supporting white racists again. hahaha

Back on topic .... those groups have been here since the beginning of this country and for the most part are only a danger upon themselves. These are new threats since the borders have been open. If you're saying having bad groups already justifies allowing more to come here then I disagree with you completely but that's no secret.

Republicans actually ended the controversial spending practice of earmarks in 2011 after winning control of the House and about 10 years later under Obama allowed earmarked spending again. Its a shitty practice but then again so is taxes to fund things no one here is responsible for. In 1776 we went to war over less than a 5% tax and now we are taxed probably almost half of our salary once it's all said and done. Why? So politicians can pay their friends off and somehow they have made us accept it as normal. Politicians become mega rich off of less than 200k a year and no one bats an eye. It's gotten beyond crazy if you ask me.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 10:18:09 am by CF DolFan » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2024, 10:46:39 am »

Seriously ... the KKK is a problem in your neighborhood?

To be clear you set the metric.  MY NEIGHBOR.

None of the gangs you listed have ever been a problem any place I have lived. But about 20 years ago the KKK vandalized my synagogue.  And yes, I know it was KKK because they caught them. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2024, 10:53:51 am »

Just a point of fact, the borders aren't open. The only open border we have is some parts with canada.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2024, 01:02:21 pm »

Republicans actually ended the controversial spending practice of earmarks in 2011 after winning control of the House and about 10 years later under Obama allowed earmarked spending again. Its a shitty practice but then again so is taxes to fund things no one here is responsible for.
Ending "earmarks" (i.e. the specific designations of appropriated funds for particular projects) is one of the reasons why we are where we are today, politically.  Back in the days of earmarks, politicians had an incentive to work with each other so they could secure benefits for their constituents back home.  But Republicans are not interested in a government that helps the people; they believe that government can only cause problems for you, and they are dedicated to proving it.  So they killed earmarks.  (Note that this doesn't reduce spending, or lower taxes in any way... it just stops Congress from designating those funds for specific projects.)

And so now that members of Congress no longer have a reason to cooperate, it's all about grandstanding.  Again, this works out fine for Republicans, who are perfectly fine with a dysfunctional government that doesn't work.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2024, 01:05:02 pm »

To be clear you set the metric.  MY NEIGHBOR.

None of the gangs you listed have ever been a problem any place I have lived.
This is the way it works.

We're supposed to be terrified of ISIS and Mexican cartels and the Triads, but the moment someone says that Nazis are a problem, suddenly the standard changes to "Well when was the last time you personally saw a Nazi?"

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray