Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2024, 11:07:03 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  NHL Championship - Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: NHL Championship - Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers  (Read 1553 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2024, 11:29:33 am »

I think McDavid deserved the MVP.

I also think that the Panthers held that together with popsicle sticks and duct tape.  That took years off my life.

Y'know, it's weird.  I am not a day to day hardcore Panthers fan.  I like the team and catch the occasional part of a game, but I don't watch every night like I used to when I was in my teens or know all the players.  However, it all came back during this playoff run and I was nervous as hell and very invested.  Sports is strange that way.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2024, 11:47:13 am »

Brian, you were just complaining that Bobrovsky "couldn't stop a beach ball" and now he's your MVP?

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2024, 11:49:23 am »

Brian, you were just complaining that Bobrovsky "couldn't stop a beach ball" and now he's your MVP?
i said what i said. it proves my point.  when the guy plays poorly, they lose.  He played lights out thr first three rounds, and the first three games of this round.  He put up 3 stinkers, and they lost all three.

Last year, Bob hit a wall in the finals, and he was awful.  He gave up 5 in game 1, 7 in game 2, and he never really recovered to the point where he gave up 9 goals in game 5.  I was expecting that again this year, but last night, Bob was brilliant, and they won!

That's definition MVP.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 12:04:51 pm by Brian Fein » Logged
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2024, 09:10:37 am »

Congrats to the Panthers. I hate to admit it, but I am an Oilers fan from when I first heard the name Gretsky.

We don't hear much about NHL here down under, and they'd disappeared off the scene for so long I wondered if they were even still around. It was a buzz to hear they were in Stanley Cup contention, but I'm not too broken up about it. The loss went to a good cause.

Ps. Another guilty confession. I'm also a long term Celtics fan in the NBA (again, back from the 1980s when they had Larry Bird and co playing). That seems a bit unholy on this forum, but so be it. After we won the championship this year, I don't care either!

And if I'm going all out on confessions, in MLB I support the Detroit Tigers (another 1980s thing - blame Magnum PI for that one).
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray