Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 01:22:22 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  NHL Championship - Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: NHL Championship - Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers  (Read 1557 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: June 20, 2024, 10:19:47 am »

I'm really surprised no one from South Florida is talking about this. The Panthers are on the brink of winning their first NHL Stanley Cup ever. Kind of funny to me that for the least 5 years there have been Florida teams in the finals. Hopefully the Panthers join the Lightning with a win.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2024, 11:13:55 am »

I am old enough to remember the days when the only cities with hockey all had indigenous ice.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2024, 11:36:09 am »

It's a big deal here and everyone is talking about it.

I discuss it a lot, but it's all been locally on the phone.

My take is that the Panthers are the better, stronger, tougher, more aggressive team.
We ran into bad luck in game 4....just got beat early and then it got away from you ...  hard to win that game to sweep a team.

In game 5, I felt we were the better team, but gave up that crappy short-handed goal and then kept committing penalties which leeched time and put us at a disadvantage over and over.

I still think the odds are in our favor, but it's getting a little scary.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2024, 02:43:05 pm »

I think the odds are too. Even though Edmonton is a very good team its hard to believe this Panther team will lose 4 games in a row or that Connor McDavid is going to continue scoring like the last two games.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2024, 03:04:51 pm »

Assuming the teams are evenly matched, Panthers have a 75% chance of winning the series.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2024, 09:28:43 am »

I am old enough to remember the days when the only cities with hockey all had indigenous ice.

You had to be pretty young when the LA Kings joined the league in '67....

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2024, 06:24:52 pm »

I was sitting around waiting to see how long it would take for anyone to acknowledge the Stanley Cup Finals.

Those that know me know i am a Panthers season ticket holder for 18 seasons.  I have been to every home game, watched every road game.  Im a passionate fan of this Panthers team.

They have zero chance of winning the cup.  The series is already over.

Bobrovsky has run out of gas, he can't stop a beach ball at this point.  Everyone and everything is on their knees blowing Connor McDoofus, and they can't WAIT to hand him the cup, the Conn Smythe trophy, the keys to the commissioner's office, and rename the league the National Connor Hockey League.

I'm over it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2024, 10:34:34 am »

I've watched approximately 30 seconds of hockey over the past decade or so, and that was probably just because my TV remote's batteries ran out.

I do like the Panthers though (...and most other cats).

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2024, 08:46:23 am »

I was sitting around waiting to see how long it would take for anyone to acknowledge the Stanley Cup Finals.

Those that know me know i am a Panthers season ticket holder for 18 seasons.  I have been to every home game, watched every road game.  Im a passionate fan of this Panthers team.

They have zero chance of winning the cup.  The series is already over.

Bobrovsky has run out of gas, he can't stop a beach ball at this point.  Everyone and everything is on their knees blowing Connor McDoofus, and they can't WAIT to hand him the cup, the Conn Smythe trophy, the keys to the commissioner's office, and rename the league the National Connor Hockey League.

I'm over it.
C'mon .. where is the faith? You sound like a long time suffering Dolphins fan. hahaha

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2024, 02:26:12 pm »

C'mon .. where is the faith? You sound like a long time suffering Dolphins fan. hahaha
i have lost faith.  I can be realistic.  I'm a fan I'm going to go there and cheer and support the team, but i expect to be walking out of a silent arena while the team in white sweaters skates around with a trophy in front of a mostly-empty seats.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2024, 07:17:04 pm »

I was just messing with you. You're a season ticket holder and majorly invested. In my opinion no one has the right to tell you how to feel.

With that said you stuck with supporting Fiedler to the very end so it surprises me to see you mentally give up now.

Denver2

Email
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2024, 10:42:34 pm »

Well if it holds congrats to the Panthers. I recently learned Wayne founded the team?
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2024, 02:46:28 am »

Brian, I know you were already complaining about the media's treatment of McDavid... do you think he deserved to win MVP of the playoffs?
If not, who do you think deserved it?

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2024, 07:55:56 am »

Brian, I know you were already complaining about the media's treatment of McDavid... do you think he deserved to win MVP of the playoffs?
If not, who do you think deserved it?
McDavid set a playoff record with 34 assists and his 42 points ranked fourth best trailing only two playoff runs by Wayne Gretzky and one by Mario Lemieux. Statistically speaking it's easy to select him. I just think it's weird the MVP comes from a losing team as obviously it wasn't good enough to win it all.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2024, 09:29:21 am »

Firstly, I have never been so happy to be wrong.  I did not think the team would be able to recover and get back to PANTHER hockey, but they did and they deserve the win.  I'll never doubt you again...

Secondly, sure you can make a strong case for Connor as Conn Smythe, but I truly feel that he had his name on that trophy before the series even began.  Facts are facts, Connor did NOTHING in this series outside of game 4 and 5.  So, sure Conn Smythe is MVP of the playoffs, not of the Finals.  So you want to give it to him for breaking the record, for his performance in previous rounds, I'm fine with it.  But let's not pretend he was a major factor in this series.  In 5 of the 7 games, he did literally nothing.

As for who my pick would be: Sergei Bobrovsky is the reason why the Panthers won the Stanley Cup.  Sure, there are 20-something other names that earned that hardware, but they don't win without Bob.  And isn't that the measure of an MVP?  I thought Bob was absolutely deserving of the MVP award, but he doesn't have the sexy name like Connor McDavid.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray