Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 02:17:48 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Hollywood icon Donald Sutherland has passed away at the age of 88
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hollywood icon Donald Sutherland has passed away at the age of 88  (Read 669 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: June 20, 2024, 03:41:39 pm »

Another week and another part of my childhood passes on. I remember him first from Animal House but he's been been around well before and after that. RIP Donald!

The veteran Canadian actor's death from a long illness was announced by his movie star son Kiefer Sutherland Thursday. He died in Miami, according to his talent agency CAA.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2024, 08:55:43 pm »

A lot of big names died this past week. Say Hey Willie and Zeke from Cabin Creek being a couple.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2024, 12:24:30 pm »

A lot of big names died this past week. Say Hey Willie and Zeke from Cabin Creek being a couple.
Jerry West. I thought Willie and West dieing a few days apart was pretty noteworthy.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2024, 08:28:57 pm »

Death you got the wrong Donald!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2024, 12:14:22 pm »

Death you got the wrong Donald!

LOL

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2024, 01:52:36 pm »

Sutherland is a guy who has been in a crazy amount of stuff with an extremely varied tone.  He did blockbusters, horror, drama, TV, comedy...you name it.

That said, he's not a guy that has appeared in my favorites as a leading man.  Often, he's kind of a role player and I associate it almost as a character actor, even though he was a big deal in the 1970s.

Also, I think I saw some of his important roles too late.  I saw MASH not too long ago and found that movie way outdated to the point that it was cringey and unenjoyable.  But I know it was hugely influential.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2024, 03:36:44 pm »

One interview that I will remember he stated that it was hard being ugly in the business he was in. He even asked his mother if he was ugly and she said he had a good personality at which point he cried the rest of the day. It was with Anderson Cooper several years ago.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2024, 10:33:22 am »

Great actor, one of my favorite movies is Kelly's Heroes.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray