Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 09:04:08 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins sending mixed signals with Tua
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins sending mixed signals with Tua  (Read 1993 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2024, 01:05:15 pm »

So Murray and Herbert deserved to get paid not for personal performance or wins, but because they were "the face of the team"?  

Yes, that's correct.  Have to put butts in the seats to sell the over priced concessions.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2024, 01:30:46 pm »

So make Tua "the face of the team" and you can pay him whatever he asks.  Problem solved.
If Kyler Murray can be the face of a team, there's no reason Tua can't be.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2024, 05:11:05 pm »

Tua is the face of the team. Few people move the media needle like he does ... good or bad.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2024, 09:32:55 am »

Tua is the face of the team. Few people move the media needle like he does ... good or bad.

The only thing is, no one moves people on the field like Tyreek Hill does.

Our whole offense functions (and the way opposing defenses react) due to Hill's positioning, motion, skills and scoring threat. This has been dissected over and over the last two years - and the conclusion is it all starts with Hill. Our only All-Pro player.

As much as I love Tua and see him as the Franchise QB - the rest of the football media, and every other team sees it like this. Until this changes, he ain't the face of the team.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2024, 10:24:17 am »

Skylar was more than capable as a #2. He was a #3 behind Tua and Teddy the previous season, dumped in at the last second did a hell of a lot better than Teddy as a third string with basically no reps. He played the last game of the season with everything to lose on a strict "don't fuck up" regime, and was pretty decent in the playoff game. That should have earned him then #2 spot last season. Plus he's on a rookie 7th round pick contract... and then we go and pay millions to Mike White who is no better (arguably worse).

It's a total waste of money. As soon as Teddy was gone, you commit to Skylar as #2, and if Tua gets hurt you grab another guy off the street (or preferably better) as Skylar's backup. White was a horrible choice. End of story.
I actually like Skylar too, but he really doesn't fit this offense in my opinion. He's not the same type of QB that Tua is. White actually does fit in the mold of Tua but he's no where near as good. That's another reason that I don't think the Dolphins feel comfortable with just Skylar backing up Tua. If Tua goes down for a game, I think they would rather start White and not make any changes to the offense, but if Tua is going to be out for an extended period, I think they would actually prefer to start Skylar and make a few tweaks to the offense to fit his skillset.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2024, 11:44:26 am »

As much as I love Tua and see him as the Franchise QB - the rest of the football media, and every other team sees it like this. Until this changes, he ain't the face of the team.
When the Dolphins play a game on TV, and just one player is shown on the main graphic, it ain't Tyreek Hill.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2024, 08:53:16 pm »

I actually like Skylar too, but he really doesn't fit this offense in my opinion. He's not the same type of QB that Tua is. White actually does fit in the mold of Tua but he's no where near as good. That's another reason that I don't think the Dolphins feel comfortable with just Skylar backing up Tua. If Tua goes down for a game, I think they would rather start White and not make any changes to the offense, but if Tua is going to be out for an extended period, I think they would actually prefer to start Skylar and make a few tweaks to the offense to fit his skillset.

Does Tua being a lefty affect the offense, so that a RH QB that comes in throws off the play calling, etc.??  Any time a backup QB comes in it affects timing, blocking, etc.; with Tua being a lefty it just seems it would throw another adjustment in.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2024, 01:38:23 am »

I remember the 49ers teams of the '90s with Steve Young (another lefty).  There was a constant QB controversy (at least, in the local media) with Young, Steve Bono, and Elvis Grbac, but I don't think catching left-handed vs. right-handed passes was ever an issue.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray