Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 05:38:10 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  NFL multi-billion-dollar verdict in Sunday Ticket case
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NFL multi-billion-dollar verdict in Sunday Ticket case  (Read 938 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: June 27, 2024, 06:20:59 pm »

Wow ... this is an actual pretty big number. According to Mike Florio (who is an attorney) the number triples for the fine. This means the NFL would be paying over 12 billion dollars if this stands. That's more than any NFL team is estimated to be worth. 

$4.096 billion verdict in a nationwide antitrust class action challenging the pricing model of the Sunday Ticket package (which by law will be trebled, if it stands), the league has issued a statement vowing to continue the fight.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-vows-to-certainly-contest-multi-billion-dollar-verdict-in-sunday-ticket-case

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2024, 08:28:29 pm »

I don't see a way the NFL doesn't argue this all the way to the supreme court. And I don't see a world in which a group of 32 billionaires doesn't provide gratuities to 5 of the 9 justices that will rule on this. (independent of their vote, of course)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2024, 08:22:55 am »

Mike Florio said that with the amount of money involved both parties wouldn't stop until the Supreme Court so I think that's a given. I think he said there's one court to appeal to prior to doing that. Whether or not the court would accept it is another thing. 4 judges would have to vote to accept the case. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2024, 08:41:54 am »

Whether or not the court would accept it is another thing. 4 judges would have to vote to accept the case. 

Well it's a good thing that the supreme court is a bastion of integrity and ethics. It's not like billionaires can give them gifts and trips and vacations on private planes and yachts or anything. Also the supreme court would never gut bribery laws in order to make it easier to receive these gifts.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2024, 10:34:41 am »

Well it's a good thing that the supreme court is a bastion of integrity and ethics. It's not like billionaires can give them gifts and trips and vacations on private planes and yachts or anything. Also the supreme court would never gut bribery laws in order to make it easier to receive these gifts.
LOL ... More CNN talking points. Nothing was illegal when it happened. RBG as well as others did the same things they are attacking Clarence Thomas with but they are conveniently leaving that out to stir you guys up.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2024, 11:27:54 am »

LOL ... More CNN talking points. Nothing was illegal when it happened. RBG as well as others did the same things they are attacking Clarence Thomas with but they are conveniently leaving that out to stir you guys up.

1 - I haven't watched CNN in years
2 - I never named any names, and I don't care who it is. If people getting a government paycheck are also getting bribed, they need to be lined up and shot, or at the very least go to jail.

But if you wanna talk about political consequences, this court is in a very real way, breaking this country. It started with citizens united. That will be remembered in the same way that the Constitutio Antoniniana is viewed by historians as the first step that led to the fall of Rome.
Sibster

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2024, 09:34:54 pm »

Federal Appellate Court just overturned the ruling
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray