Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 07:40:05 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  The Presidential Debate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: The Presidential Debate  (Read 1350 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2024, 05:17:32 am »

You are, of course, correct: there is no scientifically accurate way to predict the outcome of assassinating presidential candidates.

Though if that's the approach we're taking, your criticism is too gentle by half: there is a zero percent chance that we "turn into Russia" in any time frame, as Russia already exists on the opposite side of the globe and the United States cannot logically occupy that space.

If you're going to interpret statements literally, at least follow through on your swing.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2024, 11:43:41 am »

We have had presidential candidates assassinated before. (RFK)

If Biden was assassinated by a Trump supporter -  K Harris would be elected by a landslide.

If Trump was assassinated and was replaced by "normal republican"  -- Haley, Pence, Rubio than the GOP would win and democracy would move along normally. 

If Trump was assassinated and replaced by a hardcore Trumper such as Flynn or Guliani than they would likely win and the country would be in serious threat as the person would use the assassination as an excuse to end democracy.     

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2024, 11:54:30 am »

If you ask the age old question are you better off today than you were four years ago, then a majority of people would say NO.

This is a verifiably insane take. 

June 2020 - Unemployment 11%
DOW - 25,595.80
583 deaths were attributed to COVID on June 30, 2020.

June 2024 - Unemployment 4%
DOW - 39,118.86

Not to mention that June 2020 was the high point of the police brutality protests.  June of 2020 was one of the worst times I've ever been alive, in terms of the state of the country.  I am stunned to hear anyone say differently.

You can say legitimate reasons why it's better now that doesn't mean you have to blame Trump for everything, but to say it was better 4 years ago is fucking insanity.  It was legitimately one of the worst times in the history of the country and will go down in the history books as such.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2024, 02:51:41 pm »

We have had presidential candidates assassinated before. (RFK)

If Biden was assassinated by a Trump supporter -  K Harris would be elected by a landslide.
Two things:

1) If Biden was assassinated by a self-avowed Trump supporter, Fox and the rest of the right-wing media would scramble to label the guy a lone wolf, a false flag, a CIA operative, and whatever else they do any time there is a mass shooting by someone who is not a Muslim.  The idea that this would lead to a Dem landslide is pure fantasy, the same as people who thought Sandy Hook or January 6 would change anything in this country.

2) When RFK was assassinated, Democrats lost the election he was running for.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2024, 06:22:07 pm »

Two things:

1) If Biden was assassinated by a self-avowed Trump supporter, Fox and the rest of the right-wing media would scramble to label the guy a lone wolf, a false flag, a CIA operative, and whatever else they do any time there is a mass shooting by someone who is not a Muslim.  The idea that this would lead to a Dem landslide is pure fantasy, the same as people who thought Sandy Hook or January 6 would change anything in this country.

2) When RFK was assassinated, Democrats lost the election he was running for.

Yes Fox would paint it that way, but and Trump would still get his loyalists, but Harris would win in a landslide.

RFK wasn’t killed by a Nixon supporter.  He was killed by a Palestinian who was upset at RFKs support for Israel.  In the election the candidate with a stronger support for Israel won.   

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2024, 07:25:19 pm »

If you're going to interpret statements literally, at least follow through on your swing.

I really didn't interpret it that literally... Perhaps you should throw your curves in the strike zone...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2024, 08:38:53 pm »

This is a verifiably insane take. 

June 2020 - Unemployment 11%
DOW - 25,595.80
583 deaths were attributed to COVID on June 30, 2020.

June 2024 - Unemployment 4%
DOW - 39,118.86

Not to mention that June 2020 was the high point of the police brutality protests.  June of 2020 was one of the worst times I've ever been alive, in terms of the state of the country.  I am stunned to hear anyone say differently.

You can say legitimate reasons why it's better now that doesn't mean you have to blame Trump for everything, but to say it was better 4 years ago is fucking insanity.  It was legitimately one of the worst times in the history of the country and will go down in the history books as such.
LMAO .. outside of the fake "police brutality numbers"  that were disproved by not 1 but 2 Harvard studies, you take numbers from when Covid shut the world down and try to pretend returning slightly is an improvement over the conditions we were in heading into Covid. I get it is semantics but c'mon ... do you really expect anyone to but that we weren't better off financially under Trump? Many people in this country can't afford groceries or fuel today because everything is so much more expensive and amount of BS semantic talk is going to change their minds that they are better off today .. even with toilet paper on the self. hahaha

I've said it many times. 33% are always going to vote Democrat and ignore anything negative within their party and 33% of Republicans will do the same. Elections are won and lost on the middle ground people. Reading this thread it is painfully obvious which 1/3rd this website is in the tank for. Trump is a piece of chit as a person but he didn't do a bad job as president.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2024, 09:15:17 pm »

The US had the worst COVID response on the planet, due directly to the response of the Trump Administration.  Acting like he gets a pass for something that happened on his watch after he dismantled the pandemic response plans Obama gave him is just another attempt to avoid responsibility.

The idea that people can't afford groceries is absurd.  Setting aside the significant increases in wages under Biden, are we supposed to believe that there is an outbreak of Americans starving to death because they can't afford food?

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2024, 09:31:50 am »

I think CF is in conspiracy land with thinking that Biden should get prosecuted, so that's not what I'm here for.  He's in the alt-right weirdo QANON conspiracy talk-radio bubble.

But internally, within my own political sphere, I see weird in-fighting.  There seem to be two camps.  One wants to barrel ahead with Biden and thinks that any discussion of what we witnessed with that debate is giving Trump the election.  The other camp seems to think that sticking with Biden means we're giving Trump the election.

It's apparent to me that Biden shouldn't be our leader because he's way too old.  He's been too old for 15 years and I've said this again and again.  He isn't, however, a threat to democracy like Trump, who is a bad leader, a bad person, and I legitimately believe is the path to ending us having a free America.  I would vote for Biden gladly when the time comes.  But it's a shame that he is in the race at all.  I don't know that Biden is out to lunch mentally, necessarily, but at the very least isn't able to communicate clearly, which is part of being president and almost all of being a candidate.

I just question from a civics perspective how you'd even go about replacing Biden.  He would have to want to step aside.  And then, Harris is really the only person where it would be a smooth transition, in terms of where the money goes and keeping the staff in place.  I don't think she's the most popular choice, either, but the optics of removing a black woman who is next in line to replace her with a white dude is a pretty bad look.  I do think that a brokered convention would be exciting and would kind of clear the table with some Gaza issues the party is facing.  We'd also get a big bunch of news cycles out of it.  It just ain't happenin' though.  The ego and ambition that it takes to run for president (and be president) means that you're just not the kind of person who's gonna walk away willingly.

We have rough times ahead, regardless.

I hope we get through this...."we" meaning the Democratic party, but more largely, America.  The slow creep towards fascism isn't such a slow creep anymore.  I don't know that America can survive 4 more years of Trump.  Checks and balances are dead.  He'll personally control the voting majority of the Supreme Court, has the Congress in his pocket and he replaced competency with "yes men" in so many places already.  It's scary.

I drink your milkshake!
Denver2

Email
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2024, 11:29:57 am »

I think CF is in conspiracy land with thinking that Biden should get prosecuted, so that's not what I'm here for.  He's in the alt-right weirdo QANON conspiracy talk-radio bubble.

But internally, within my own political sphere, I see weird in-fighting.  There seem to be two camps.  One wants to barrel ahead with Biden and thinks that any discussion of what we witnessed with that debate is giving Trump the election.  The other camp seems to think that sticking with Biden means we're giving Trump the election.

It's apparent to me that Biden shouldn't be our leader because he's way too old.  He's been too old for 15 years and I've said this again and again.  He isn't, however, a threat to democracy like Trump, who is a bad leader, a bad person, and I legitimately believe is the path to ending us having a free America.  I would vote for Biden gladly when the time comes.  But it's a shame that he is in the race at all.  I don't know that Biden is out to lunch mentally, necessarily, but at the very least isn't able to communicate clearly, which is part of being president and almost all of being a candidate.

I just question from a civics perspective how you'd even go about replacing Biden.  He would have to want to step aside.  And then, Harris is really the only person where it would be a smooth transition, in terms of where the money goes and keeping the staff in place.  I don't think she's the most popular choice, either, but the optics of removing a black woman who is next in line to replace her with a white dude is a pretty bad look.  I do think that a brokered convention would be exciting and would kind of clear the table with some Gaza issues the party is facing.  We'd also get a big bunch of news cycles out of it.  It just ain't happenin' though.  The ego and ambition that it takes to run for president (and be president) means that you're just not the kind of person who's gonna walk away willingly.

We have rough times ahead, regardless.

I hope we get through this...."we" meaning the Democratic party, but more largely, America.  The slow creep towards fascism isn't such a slow creep anymore.  I don't know that America can survive 4 more years of Trump.  Checks and balances are dead.  He'll personally control the voting majority of the Supreme Court, has the Congress in his pocket and he replaced competency with "yes men" in so many places already.  It's scary.

And after todays ruling, Trump would be president with near blanket immunity.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2024, 04:41:29 pm »

And after todays ruling, Trump would be president with near blanket immunity.

So now does every president -- Biden could order Seal Team Six to assassinate Trump and he would be immune.

Denver2

Email
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2024, 05:30:30 pm »

So now does every president -- Biden could order Seal Team Six to assassinate Trump and he would be immune.

He should do it
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2024, 06:16:23 pm »

The irony is that the same people that are flying a Don't Tread on Me flag are going to be cheering giving unchecked King-like power to one man.

Tread harder, daddy.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2024, 06:22:30 pm »

No, there is a convenient loophole for use in case of Democrat.

SCOTUS ruled that a President has complete criminal immunity for "official acts," with the determination of what does and does not constitute an "official act" being subject to the discretion of the judiciary.  (In this specific instance, this case was remanded back down to the lower courts precisely to determine which of Trump's acts were "official.")

So if Biden (or any other Democratic president) were to, say, incite a violent mob to invade the Capitol to overthrow an election, this SCOTUS would quickly determine that such incitement was not an "official act" and would therefore be subject to criminal prosecution.

Interestingly, under this new ruling, if Richard Nixon had personally directed the CIA to infiltrate the Watergate hotel to steal documents from the Democratic National Committee HQ, this would be considered an entirely legal and constitutional act.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2024, 06:27:33 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2024, 05:19:41 pm »

I think CF is in conspiracy land with thinking that Biden should get prosecuted, so that's not what I'm here for.  He's in the alt-right weirdo QANON conspiracy talk-radio bubble

You sir have lost your ever loving mind and I seriously mean that.

He was not declared legally incompetent to stand trial but when the special council says "At trial, Mr Biden would likely present himself to a jury, as he did during our interview of him, as a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory,"  it sure as hell isn't saying he is competent to stand before a jury and if he isn't capable of that why in the heck would you think he is fit to lead the free world?

hahaha  I can never guess how crazy you people can get.  It really doesn't  do anything for me to post on here and it certainly doesn't do anything for you guys. You on the other hand continually open to my eyes to how crazy it can get. Carry on with hearing your own opinions amongst the few of you.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 05:21:14 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray