Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 12:20:09 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  The Presidential Debate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: The Presidential Debate  (Read 1407 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: June 28, 2024, 01:47:20 pm »

I just don't want to duck the fact that it was a pretty disastrous performance from Biden.  I think I just have to let things level out for the next 48 hours or so, because I think everyone is running around in a panic.  We shall see...

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2024, 01:55:37 pm »

Biden looked old, because he is old.  But he could be a walking cadaver with barely a pulse and he'd still be 1000x better than Trump.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2024, 02:10:21 pm »

It was awful no way around it, Trump will win unless there is divine intervention and he has a stroke.

Biden should have not sought a second term months ago but here we are and we need to do something quick because it’s over if that orange maniac he back in power. He will transform this country to a Christian theocracy. He is dangerous and the CiA should make themselves useful for once.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2024, 03:17:47 pm »

I honestly am taken aback from liberals. Everyone has has been watching him and knew exactly how bad he is. I mean seriously... he didn't freaking get prosecuted like Trump is because he is old and lacks competency yet no one thought he'd fail so poorly? I have a hard time buying into that and definitely think there is a back-up plan.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2024, 03:29:59 pm »

I did hear from my Maga neighbor in florida that people were only electing Biden so he could get assassinated after a week and we'd be stuck with "Kamala" as president.

So really is conspiracy after plot after conspiracy just how the Trumpers think?
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2024, 03:31:10 pm »

It's pretty hilarious to me that Trump gets convicted of 34 felonies and there is not even the slightest whisper of replacing him as nominee, yet Biden has one bad debate and people are pulling their hair out, insisting that Biden Must Be Replaced.

Denver2

Email
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2024, 05:00:41 pm »

It's pretty hilarious to me that Trump gets convicted of 34 felonies and there is not even the slightest whisper of replacing him as nominee, yet Biden has one bad debate and people are pulling their hair out, insisting that Biden Must Be Replaced.

Trump should have been arrested for treason as soon as Biden was sworn in but alas here we are. Yes Trump should not be on the ballot but conservatives are morally bankrupt and concerned only with power.

Biden has been a great president but the idiot public doesn’t see it that way and he needs to retire so we have a chance at defeating Trump who is a danger to all freedom loving people.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2024, 06:02:44 pm »

Trump should have been arrested for treason as soon as Biden was sworn in but alas here we are. Yes Trump should not be on the ballot but conservatives are morally bankrupt and concerned only with power.

Biden has been a great president but the idiot public doesn’t see it that way and he needs to retire so we have a chance at defeating Trump who is a danger to all freedom loving people.

Both Democrats and Republican politicians are only concerned with power, don't kid yourself thinking it's only conservatives.

Biden hasn't been a great President.  If you ask the age old question are you better off today than you were four years ago, then a majority of people would say NO.

Biden is not competent to be President, and his wife needs to get him to bow out so someone else can be chosen at the National Convention; and just about anyone they pick will beat Trump.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2024, 09:26:59 pm »

No question the debate performance was bad.  But I am not sure if it matters.  I am still going to vote for Biden, CF DolFan is still going to vote for Trump so the majority of people who are firmly in one camp or the other it doesn't matter.

The majority of folks who don't feel particularly strongly about politics, they didn't even know there was a debate. 

But had an interesting conversation with a neighbor who is a lifelong Republican going back to voting for Nixon in 1960, who voted for Biden in 2020 and switched from Republican to Independent after Jan 6th riots.  She said, "Biden is old and a bad debater.  I already knew that.  Doesn't change the fact Trump refused to accept the election and tried to overthrow the government." 

When I asked her if she thought the democrat should replace him her responses was:

"I don't give a crap.  The real question is will the Republicans replace Trump.  Because if Trump is replaced assuming it is with someone decent like Haley or Hogan and not another nut job like Flynn or Guiliani then I can vote Republican.  It isn't Biden that needs to be replaced it is Trump"     

If you ask the age old question are you better off today than you were four years ago, then a majority of people would say NO.

Really?  Four years ago we were in the worst economic crisis in decades and the stores didn't have toilet paper. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2024, 09:43:03 pm »

Both Democrats and Republican politicians are only concerned with power, don't kid yourself thinking it's only conservatives.

Biden hasn't been a great President.  If you ask the age old question are you better off today than you were four years ago, then a majority of people would say NO.

Biden is not competent to be President, and his wife needs to get him to bow out so someone else can be chosen at the National Convention; and just about anyone they pick will beat Trump.

Four years ago? It’s the same really except unemployment is much lower and tens of thousands of people aren’t dying every week because the government whiffed the response to Covid.

If I’m doing worse it’s because of decisions I’ve made. Biden has done a g re at job from ending Afghanistan which we were endlessly promised by prior administrations, by virtually halting the drone strike program, uniting the west to defend Ukraine and democracy, to having record low unemployment and small successes in the health care sector.

It’s a distinguished presidency but he was saddled by inherited inflation and a government in chaos. COVID spending was bound to cause inflation but even before that Trump was the most reckless spender of any president in my life time.

Fiscal conservatives lol I’m actually a low tax liberal like the governor of my state but come on there was nothing fiscally responsible about the Trump administration.

Trump was already raising prices on things through his tariffs, it just didn’t hit right away.

So once again a democrat cleans up the mess the republicans made just to get blamed for that mess.

Both sides are not the same.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2024, 03:47:57 am »

As you can guess, I'm not exactly a Trump fan (even though I probably do the best Trump impersonation in the Southern hemisphere. Seriously. I reckon I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of it the next four years too, if the world doesn't blow itself up)

But that Biden interview was a train wreck in slow motion. There is a one word answer to that hot mess - unelectable. The brain freezes and waffling were Mitch McConnell (ready for the nursing home) level of cringe-worthy. It's way too late for the Democrats to do anything about it, they've made this bed and here they will lie. It's got to be damage limitation from now on, changing the Canditate now is just plain stupid and asking for more carnage at the ballot box.

On the other hand, I have to hand it to Trump and his advisors. He didn't get sucked in by the baiting during the debate, stuck to the script, and did not wing any of it. If he continues with that, he just cannot lose.

I fear for the future of Western Europe (especially Ukraine) but I'm already resigned to a Trump victory.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2024, 09:57:25 am »

Honestly, I'm just hoping that someone puts a bullet in Trump's noggin before the election...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Denver2

Email
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2024, 02:17:35 pm »

Honestly, I'm just hoping that someone puts a bullet in Trump's noggin before the election...

lol same

I wish the CIA or the “deep state” would make themselves useful for once…
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2024, 06:29:18 pm »

If either of these candidates are assassinated, things will get much worse in a hurry.
There would be at least a 50% chance that we turn into Russia in less than 2 years.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2024, 02:04:11 am »

There would be at least a 50% chance that we turn into Russia in less than 2 years.

...that sounds like a totally made up opinion (though the "at least a 50% chance" and "within two years" are nice touches).

That said, with all due respect to your dystopian musings, I'd still be willing to roll the dice on that bullet...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray