Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 02:37:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  The elephant in the room
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The elephant in the room  (Read 935 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2024, 03:34:09 pm »

It seems as if the assassination attempt on Trump has shift the campaign to the number one issue being which candidate can unify the country and restore some semblance of bipartisanship.......

The winning ticket Harris/Kinzinger. 

Yes, I do realize one of them is not a democrat, but that is the point. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2024, 07:50:06 pm »

It's looking pretty strong now (if Yahoo news is to be believed) that Biden will step down in the coming days. If that happens, I have no idea what happens to the election.

I think the reason that Biden won in 2020 was due to the mishandling of the pandemic and the fact that we hadn't really "turned the corner" with the vaccines yet. But all that is in the past. Feels like it's about the economy and who's stronger now.

A friend of mine with some intel of US politics reckons Biden will step down before Wednesday. It's pretty easy to be skeptical, except he has the knack of being right.

The pandemic (rightly or wrongly) is widely seen as past history now, even if Covid-19 is still around in some form out there.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2024, 02:34:19 pm »

Didn't want him to drop out, but my vote was always more about opposing Trump, than supporting Biden. 

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2024, 03:28:47 pm »

It seems as if the assassination attempt on Trump has shift the campaign to the number one issue being which candidate can unify the country and restore some semblance of bipartisanship.......

The winning ticket Harris/Kinzinger. 

Yes, I do realize one of them is not a democrat, but that is the point. 
I would be on board with this. I really like Kinzinger.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2024, 04:17:26 pm »

I would be on board with this. I really like Kinzinger.

The number of Republican I respect is pretty short, but he at the top of the list.

Others include:

Charlie Baker
Liz Cheney
Joe Scarborough
Bill Weld
Michael Steele

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2024, 04:19:55 pm »

This perpetual one-way fantasy about Democrats nominating Republicans on their ticket is gross.  It is an implicit acknowledgment that policy is actually meaningless and all politics is simply team sports.  Look, we're running one of their guys on our team!

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2024, 04:39:46 pm »

This perpetual one-way fantasy about Democrats nominating Republicans on their ticket is gross.  It is an implicit acknowledgment that policy is actually meaningless and all politics is simply team sports.  Look, we're running one of their guys on our team!

Vice presidents don't set policy.  And his policies are not that different than Harris.  Harris is not a progressive she is closer to Kinzinger than she is to AOC. 

This election is not about policy.  It is about securing democracy, 

We need to go back to the days when Tip and the Gipper could work together. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2024, 05:32:21 pm »

Harris is not a progressive she is closer to Kinzinger than she is to AOC.
That you believe this to be true is emblematic of what I'm talking about.

Tell me, what do you know about Adam Kinzinger other than the fact that he opposed Trump after January 6th?  What do you know about his policies on taxing the rich?  Universal healthcare?  Climate change?  Student loan relief?  Permanent residency for undocumented immigrants brought here as children?

You specifically called out Liz Cheney as a "Republican you respect"; Liz Cheney agreed with Donald Trump on everything but overthrowing the government.  Yet people like you would have Democrats run someone like her on the ticket, just because she's not pro-coup.  Every Democrat is not pro-coup.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2024, 05:48:07 pm »

That you believe this to be true is emblematic of what I'm talking about.

Tell me, what do you know about Adam Kinzinger other than the fact that he opposed Trump after January 6th?  What do you know about his policies on taxing the rich?  Universal healthcare?  Climate change?  Student loan relief?  Permanent residency for undocumented immigrants brought here as children?

You specifically called out Liz Cheney as a "Republican you respect"; Liz Cheney agreed with Donald Trump on everything but overthrowing the government.  Yet people like you would have Democrats run someone like her on the ticket, just because she's not pro-coup.  Every Democrat is not pro-coup.

He broke with his party on quite a few votes  Including gun control and birth control. 

And just because I would like Adam on the ticket doesn't mean I would support Liz being on the ticket.  But Liz also did something else that I haven't seen politicians do very often.  She condemned her own past actions and said she was wrong on a major issue.  I haven't seen that happen very often on either side of the aisle.  The only other politician I know who did that was LBJ. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2024, 06:07:45 pm »

But Liz also did something else that I haven't seen politicians do very often.  She condemned her own past actions and said she was wrong on a major issue.
And all it took to convince her was a violent mob threatening her life.

There are dozens of Democrats who are better candidates for VP than Kinzinger, Cheney, Mitt Romney, or any other Republican.  If you honestly think Democrats need to balance the ticket with a more conservative viewpoint, why not put Joe Manchin or Kyrsten Sinema on the ticket?  Why not Mike Bloomberg?  No, it has to be a Republican, because politics is just like sports and actual political positions don't matter.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2024, 06:28:45 pm »

And all it took to convince her was a violent mob threatening her life.

I am not talking about her opposing Trump.   She condemned her own prior opposition to gay marriage.  The most significant turnaround since LBJ changing his view on segregation. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2024, 06:37:17 pm »

Dude, virtually every Democrat who was in office prior to 2010 had the same epiphany over a decade ago.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2024, 07:37:56 pm »

Dude, virtually every Democrat who was in office prior to 2010 had the same epiphany over a decade ago.

None of them condemned their earlier position as being wrong they used it was a different time line or society wasn’t ready.  None of them apologized. 

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray