Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 07:54:25 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Lamar Jackson trying to trademark the #8
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lamar Jackson trying to trademark the #8  (Read 548 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« on: July 22, 2024, 06:39:16 pm »

So Lamar Jackson's lawyers are trying to trademark the #8, as he uses it in marketing.  This seems crazy to me, and maybe it's just an advertising ploy, but supposedly they want Troy Aikman to stop using the #8, I guess he has a beer brand called 8.  So of course Troy offered to have a beer with him.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2024, 11:34:48 am »

I was named "Jeff" long before that doofus was born. I think I'll just trademark the letter "J" and force him to go by Lamar Ackson.

Yeah, that's the ticket...

Roll Eyes 

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sibster

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2024, 08:01:54 am »

He has done nothing to be worthy of trademarking any number.   His performance in the playoffs thus far is not exactly trademark worthy.   
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2024, 01:13:57 pm »

Number 8s I can think of off the top of my head: Ripken, Berra, Young, Ovechkin, Bryant. I know there is more but wanted to go from memory. Suck it Jackson.
Sibster

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2024, 07:59:41 am »

I was named "Jeff" long before that doofus was born. I think I'll just trademark the letter "J" and force him to go by Lamar Ackson.

Yeah, that's the ticket...

Roll Eyes 

If you did that, then I'd have to go by Eff.   Nice to meet a fellow Jeff.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2024, 09:24:02 am »

Nice to meet a fellow Jeff.

Nice to meet ya... Since there are two of us now, let's make it a class action suit against Lamar, and go for the big bucks!

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sibster

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2024, 12:49:52 pm »

Nice to meet ya... Since there are two of us now, let's make it a class action suit against Lamar, and go for the big bucks!

We need more bodies.  Anymore Jeffs in here?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray