Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 14, 2024, 05:33:29 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  What are your expectations for the Dolphins in 2024?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What are your expectations for the Dolphins in 2024?  (Read 456 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: August 13, 2024, 01:13:38 pm »

I'm not feeling very optimistic.

I am curious as to how good Tua to Tyreek would be without Waddle.  In the limited experience we had with that last year, it did not go well, but it was against very good teams.

When you tie up most of your salary cap in three players, it's not a good thing.

What's mind-boggling to me was what Hoodie said.  They didn't NEED to.  Tua was already under contract and they could have franchised him.  

I think they believe they need both Waddle and Hill to have the offense they have had with Tua the last two years.  Tyreek has topped 1700 receiving yards each of the past two years, FAR more than anything he did with KC.  KC didn't have a receiver like Waddle to demand attention like Miami does.  However, KC also has a very good defense.

We don't know how tough the schedule will be.  I thought it would be a very tough schedule last year, but it turned out to be a cakewalk.  The Bills will be perennial contenders and likely the favorites to win the East.  The Patriots won't be a much of threat.  The Jets are a toss-up.  How good will Aaron Rodgers be this year?

I believe it will be a dogfight for Miami, and they will fight for a wild card berth.  It will come down to the last week of the season

What do you think?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Denver2

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2024, 02:07:42 pm »

12 or more wins
Division title
Playoff game win
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2024, 02:27:10 pm »

Playoff win
Division

anything more is just icing on the cake
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2024, 05:01:29 pm »

I EXPECT that we finish 2nd in the division and lose a tough playoff game on the road.  It sucks, but that's kinda what I've come to expect.

I think the goal is to win the division and win the playoff game at home.

I think that's the dividing line of what ultimately will feel like growth or not.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2024, 09:44:32 am »

Expectations can be a bit tricky. Expectations could mean how I think the Dolphins should perform and I think they have enough talent on both the offense and defense and a coaching staff that they should win the division and win at least 1 playoff game if not more. But expectations could also mean what I expect will happen and like Dave, I think the Dolphins will fail to win the division, probably get a wild card and will lose their 1st playoff game as they have done the last couple of years. I'm encouraged that McDaniel has put particular emphasis this year on winning a playoff game, however I feel that shouldn't be necessary for professionals. Sometimes I wonder just how dedicated today's NFL players are to their craft. They make a lot of money. That have significant media presence. Perhaps that's enough for many of today's players. Seems like players from the 70's and 80's played more to win than just a paycheck and notoriety, but that might just be my opinion.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2024, 09:51:46 am »

My prediction:  Make the playoffs, lose the first playoff game. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2024, 11:32:54 pm »

Miami is gonna rock it this year

Let’s go team lol

Looking forward to the next few months I love football
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray