Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 11:31:36 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  DNC thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: DNC thread  (Read 535 times)
Denver2

Email
« on: August 19, 2024, 10:09:03 pm »

I’m a political junkie so I’ve been watching conventions since I was a literal child in like 1996 and I come from a long line of democrats but I gotta say this has been one hell of a convention on day one.

We will see if it matters but even people I’m not a huge fan of like HRC are doing excellent and people I do like such as AOC are having prominent roles and did amazing

What a contrast with the weirdness of the RNC
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2024, 11:56:24 am »

I tend to think anyone watching day 1 and 2 of the conversation has already made up there mind..

Some undecided voters will tune in Thursday to hear Harris and maybe Wednesday to hear Walz.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2024, 03:53:01 pm »

I'm also very tuned-in to politics and I had the convention on, but it's kind of my least favorite type of programming and analysis, which is spin and partisan-hackery from pundits afterwards.  I still did check out a good bit of it.

There is such a strong contrast from the parties right now.  The dems just happen to have a ton of good messengers right now.  I do feel that the new campaign with Harris is "out with the old, in with the new" and Monday was very much "out with the old".  Biden's reception was touching and he was pretty fiery and was able to make a case for his presidency.

I love seeing people like Steve Kerr speak....and the union guy.  I think those kinds of non-politicians making a case for the world you want to live in is special.

I'm looking forward to my various podcasts discussing the strategy that I will listen to today and tonight.

I drink your milkshake!
Denver2

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2024, 04:17:18 pm »

I'm also very tuned-in to politics and I had the convention on, but it's kind of my least favorite type of programming and analysis, which is spin and partisan-hackery from pundits afterwards.  I still did check out a good bit of it.

There is such a strong contrast from the parties right now.  The dems just happen to have a ton of good messengers right now.  I do feel that the new campaign with Harris is "out with the old, in with the new" and Monday was very much "out with the old".  Biden's reception was touching and he was pretty fiery and was able to make a case for his presidency.

I love seeing people like Steve Kerr speak....and the union guy.  I think those kinds of non-politicians making a case for the world you want to live in is special.

I'm looking forward to my various podcasts discussing the strategy that I will listen to today and tonight.

Steve Kerr and the union guy were both excellent. I thought Jasmine Crockett did great as well.

I found Biden’s speech to be great and was also moving. I think he showed he still has his faculties which is important to show to voters, that it’s not some kind of conspiracy keeping a demented old man in for the last few years.

This seems to be doing well to the base and we will see if the momentum translates in November.

Pretty excited to watch again tonight. It’s been fun. Conventions are my Olympics lol

Because Trump said he’s better looking than Harris I will bring up something trivial ( but still of importance to voters ) is that the democrats have the hotness factor and republicans look like a bunch of creeps and hags.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2024, 04:18:03 pm »

I tend to think anyone watching day 1 and 2 of the conversation has already made up there mind..

Some undecided voters will tune in Thursday to hear Harris and maybe Wednesday to hear Walz.

To be determined if there will be a poll boost after this week. Fingers crossed but yeah I’d tend to think most people have made up there minds
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2024, 05:33:15 pm »

To be determined if there will be a poll boost after this week. Fingers crossed but yeah I’d tend to think most people have made up there minds

Don’t put too much hope in the convention boost.  There is reason to believe it doesn’t exist, but rather it is a naming of the vp boost.

Denver2

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2024, 07:26:30 pm »

Don’t put too much hope in the convention boost.  There is reason to believe it doesn’t exist, but rather it is a naming of the vp boost.

I’m hopeful but yeah probably not.

I have a sick feeling that Harris is gonna win the popular vote more than HRC and lose by 1 state.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2024, 10:34:58 pm »

It was good to see old Bernard still doing his thing, I think the republican mayor of Scottsdale while brief was very good but so far the highlight has been Second Gentleman really came off as sweet, funny and a little goofy. I think women will really like him.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2024, 12:52:53 pm »

I thought the Obamas were really good last night.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2024, 02:49:30 pm »

I loved the roll call last night.  Super fun, goofy, and had a lot of state bragging and ribbing.  It was kinda like watching the NFL draft mixed with the Olympic opening ceremony.

I drink your milkshake!
Denver2

Email
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2024, 09:40:45 pm »

Well second most important speech of the convention tonight with the VP.

Pretty solid line up tonight if maybe a bit dull compared to first few nights. Good to see Clinton. Apparently he spoke in this same building during the 96 convention.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2024, 08:29:08 am »

Last night was good.  I love Mayor Pete and Walz is good.  More than Walz's speech, I loved the various people from his life that came out in support of him, like the football team and the montage with his wife -- watching his kids crying.  He's a special person.

I drink your milkshake!
Denver2

Email
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2024, 10:21:44 pm »

Last night was good.  I love Mayor Pete and Walz is good.  More than Walz's speech, I loved the various people from his life that came out in support of him, like the football team and the montage with his wife -- watching his kids crying.  He's a special person.

A high school football team just plays so well with America, even politics aside who can hate that?

Excited about the VP’s speech tonight. I hope it is one of those iconic political moments, ( for good reasons of course )
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2024, 11:00:45 am »

I don't recall this much excitement for a candidate in my lifetime.  Obama was close, Reagan was close. 

Personally I am not a huge Harris fan.  But I am glad the party is unified.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2024, 01:28:51 pm »

I don't recall this much excitement for a candidate in my lifetime.  Obama was close, Reagan was close. 

Personally I am not a huge Harris fan.  But I am glad the party is unified.

I worked as a volunteer on the phone lines for both of Obama's campaigns. The first one had this level of excitement, imho...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray