Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 11:21:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Trump / Harris Debate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Trump / Harris Debate  (Read 597 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: September 11, 2024, 08:09:42 am »

I'll get more into this later, but that was the biggest drubbing I've ever seen.

Trump is a maniac and he got embarrassed.  Anyone who watches that and thinks "yep -- that's my choice"....  I just don't know what to say.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2024, 08:51:45 am »

It looked like Harris took a confused boomer yelling at clouds to the proverbial woodshed .. and she did.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2024, 09:15:48 am »

I don't know...Mr. Nutjob was pretty convincing when he stood up for all the poor pets that are being munched by the migrants.   Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2024, 10:43:48 am »

This man is so intensely frightening.  Look at this.  It's a collection of him talking about how much the polling favors him winning the debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeuH-b6mHbM&t=72s

This is a debate in which he was laughed out of the room for talking about immigrants stealing people's pets to eat them.  ...among many other completely insane things.  Even if you like Trump's "policies" or whatever that means, there's no discernable universe that you think he "won" that debate from a political perspective.  He got baited and talked about his weaknesses during answers about topics he should be leading.

It was an absolute abject disaster for him the same way that the previous debate was for Biden.

So when he comes out and says that the polls are saying that he won by 92%, this is the shit dictators do, man.  This is how some strongman has an "election" and claims 92% victory.  Even if you support the guy, doesn't this shit scare the hell out of you?  He's just lying about what you watched with your own eyes.  You know that there's no way that 92% of people believe anything, much less that he won a debate where he was asked what the health plan was that he said would be ready in two-weeks 7 years ago and he said "we have concepts of a plan."  He had to be corrected by pointing out that, no...it is not in fact legal to murder full-term babies after they're born at 9 months.  What world is this?

I just don't see how you can see this man doing what these tyrants do...the same methods and line up for it.  It's fucking wild to me.

You may or may not like Harris, but we will have a functional democratic America if she's elected.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 10:45:49 am by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2024, 11:57:42 am »

FWIW, the eating pets comment didn't really faze me, seems like normal Trump.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2024, 06:03:45 pm »

If Trump wins then Biden needs to use his new found immunity and make him have an accident. Swear to god. Just drone him and deal with the consequences later.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2024, 06:37:39 pm »

If you are calling Dick Cheney a RINO you have lost the plot line. 

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2024, 09:04:57 pm »

I fell asleep. It didn't take me long to see she was going to own the night. I said earlier it was too late for the Democrats but I think I was wrong.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2024, 09:47:09 pm »

There aren't many "undecided voters"  and nobody who started supporting one candidate switched sides because of the debate.   

But since the debate there has been a huge surge of people registering to vote.  Some of it attributed to the debate but even more of it attributed to Swift's endorsement of Harris. 

The campaign isn't about getting voters to support you, it is about getting supporters to to vote.  Taylor's endorsement won't change the mind of someone who likes Trump and Swift's music to now vote for Harris, but Swift's endorsement could result in a significant number of Swift fans who don't like Trump to vote rather than stay home.

Also don't underestimate the value of Dick Cheney's endorsement.  It could be the final nudge that lifelong Republicans who view themselves as Reagan/Bush/Cheney/Rumsfield old style Republicans and hate Trump but "could never vote for a democrat" to vote for a democrat. 

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2024, 11:35:45 pm »

My optimism at this point is at an all-time high.  I not only want the presidency, but the senate and the house as well.

Dear MAGA...please feel free to go fuck yourself.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2024, 12:40:18 pm »

All it showed me was that the Democrats have the right candidate now. I'm not sure that Harris is going to win, but she has a better chance than Biden did and I thank Biden for that.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2024, 12:46:44 pm »

There aren't many "undecided voters"  and nobody who started supporting one candidate switched sides because of the debate.

Too often, we think of undecided voters as those who are deciding between Trump and Harris, but in reality, there's a lot of "Trump vs. Not Voting" or "I was never going to vote at all, but Trump is so crazy that I'm going to vote for Harris."  Or "I'm not voting for Trump but Kamala is a dumb marxist, yet she didn't seem so in the debate."

It's about taking unengaged people and engaging them.  Or it's about softening the support of the other side.  That all counts as undecided.

But yes -- you're not going to find people who support Harris, watched that debate, and then switched to Trump because of it.  ...or much vice-versa, either.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2024, 03:42:40 pm »

Well Spider it looks like you're getting your wish. People are now starting to really wonder about Trumps mental health.

Mental health experts sound the alarm on trump's potential cognitive decline

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2024, 03:47:52 pm »

Well Spider it looks like you're getting your wish. People are now starting to really wonder about Trumps mental health.

Mental health experts sound the alarm on trump's potential cognitive decline

We are talking about someone who thought he could redirect the path of a hurricane with a sharpie, and people are just now wondering about his mental health. 

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2024, 07:57:36 pm »

I am absolutely floored at this point that anyone could look at anything Trump is saying and select him over Harris.   This is especially after Harris has run to the middle and is essentially running a Republican-lite campaign.

Trump has no real answers to anything about policy.  I don't even think he understands the things he talks about.  He sounds like a cult leader.  He is just out there grifting his followers: gold shoes, bibles, NFTs, Crypto, coins, DJT Stock.  He's just getting rich off these bozos.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray