Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 11:27:34 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Check in.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Check in.  (Read 419 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: September 12, 2024, 12:41:38 pm »

How's everyone doing?  We did this a lot during COVID, but now that things are kinda back in the swing of life, are you guys ok these days?

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2024, 01:15:17 pm »

I took my first step today.  (Without walker or crutches)

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2024, 06:04:16 pm »

Excited for Miami tonight but honestly not well. I have a severe drinking problem but it’s what it is.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2024, 11:45:43 am »

I have covid Sad
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2024, 01:33:23 pm »

That sucks.  How bad?

I drink your milkshake!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2024, 08:19:52 am »

To answer my own question, the start of football season, paired with my kids and wife getting back to school and work, this time of year is very regimented for me.  My schedule for work, getting kids to and from school and appointments, doing my various fantasy games gambling pools, watching the game on Sunday....and usually a birthday party or gathering on the weekend.  And then it's just going to be prepping for one holiday after another.

I drink your milkshake!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2024, 08:53:04 am »

I'm in a fair bit of turmoil, but coping OK (I guess).

I finally got Covid last year right before Xmas, which wiped out that and New Years. It sucked, but I got through it without needing to go to hospital or even see the doctor.

After that, health wise, I was going well up until Anzac Day (April 25th) when I fell off the roof when the ladder went from under my feet and fell 8-9 feet and went splat on to solid concrete. I was very lucky - no broken bones or anything permanent, five stitches in the back of my head, a bit of bruising and two months of concussion (which I can confirm is not exactly fun). I figure that's about life number five or six of my nine that I have used up...

The last couple of weeks I had either the flu or RSV - whatever it is it really sucks and lingers on way longer than it should. It's worse than Covid last year.

My work is winding up to close the end of October, so for the first time in 35 years I am going to be looking for a new job, and probably a new direction is what that will be. It's scary, daunting and exciting all the same time, even though at the moment I'm flat out trying to finish everything up at the old job until everything shuts down.

Denver2

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2024, 06:55:59 pm »

That sucks.  How bad?

Took a while but feeling better. Disappointed to get it as it’s been 5 years without it, I missed the latest booster though so it’s on me. It’s a strange feeling, like you can feel something foreign inside of you. Glad I caught it now and not back then.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray