Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 02:19:26 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Live Blog - Seattle
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Live Blog - Seattle  (Read 625 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: September 22, 2024, 04:49:09 pm »

This is an utter disaster

The defense is atrocious.

McDaniel is a stupid idiot.

The offense can't get anything going at all.

IDK if Tua would have made a difference this season.

The defense is like Swiss cheese

This is why you don't overpay for people.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2024, 04:58:37 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2024, 05:29:09 pm »

That punt sequence was ridiculous.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2024, 05:33:00 pm »

The team can't even line up correctly. This is a problem with the basics.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2024, 05:59:37 pm »

My only chance to see them live this...this sucks.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2024, 06:54:18 pm »

This gonna be a nightmare season
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2024, 10:32:02 pm »

This team is soft. I think this is what you get when the thing you value most in a player is speed. You can't teach speed, but you also can't teach tenacity. Either you have it or you don't. I've played sports with players that have tenacity and those that don't. Players are either born with it or they don't have it. There's very few players on this team with tenacity in my opinion. When the chips are down, they fold. I think this is what Vic Fangio was talking about when he left. He may have said it poorly, but I think he was onto something. The way players reacted to his leaving was rather embarrasing as well. Rather than seeing there's maybe a problem they blamed Fangio and they're worse now than they were a year ago.

I don't think the season is a wash at this point but what I saw today was embarrassing. The players embarrassed themselves. If they have some tenacity, then they better start showing it, but I don't think they have any. They have enough talent to right the ship and perhaps still make the playoffs, but they aren't going any further than that. They don't have a playoff team demeanor. They have a front runner demeanor. When everything is going right then it's great, the problem is that when it's not going right, they pack up the tents and head for the nearest exit.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2024, 03:09:51 pm »

This team is soft. I think this is what you get when the thing you value most in a player is speed. You can't teach speed, but you also can't teach tenacity. Either you have it or you don't. I've played sports with players that have tenacity and those that don't. Players are either born with it or they don't have it. There's very few players on this team with tenacity in my opinion. When the chips are down, they fold. I think this is what Vic Fangio was talking about when he left. He may have said it poorly, but I think he was onto something. The way players reacted to his leaving was rather embarrasing as well. Rather than seeing there's maybe a problem they blamed Fangio and they're worse now than they were a year ago.

I don't think the season is a wash at this point but what I saw today was embarrassing. The players embarrassed themselves. If they have some tenacity, then they better start showing it, but I don't think they have any. They have enough talent to right the ship and perhaps still make the playoffs, but they aren't going any further than that. They don't have a playoff team demeanor. They have a front runner demeanor. When everything is going right then it's great, the problem is that when it's not going right, they pack up the tents and head for the nearest exit.

If the team takes on the personality of its coach, how does a team display resilience and resolve in the face of adversity -- in the rough and tough game of professional football no less -- when its coach's personality is that of a goofy high school nerd tinkering with a science project?

I've maintained this since he was hired.  The most successful head coaches in college and pro football history have been guys with stern, edgy demeanors.  That McDaniel is not, and a stern, edgy demeanor -- as a team -- is exactly what's required in the current situation, and in fact a lot of the time in pro football.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2024, 09:58:40 pm »

If the team takes on the personality of its coach, how does a team display resilience and resolve in the face of adversity -- in the rough and tough game of professional football no less -- when its coach's personality is that of a goofy high school nerd tinkering with a science project?

I've maintained this since he was hired.  The most successful head coaches in college and pro football history have been guys with stern, edgy demeanors.  That McDaniel is not, and a stern, edgy demeanor -- as a team -- is exactly what's required in the current situation, and in fact a lot of the time in pro football.

We will see. If you’re correct it’s one of the reasons I’m drifting away from the NFL and towards the NBA.

Hunter Thompson once quoted an NFL player in his brilliant “Fear and Loathing at the Superbowl 72” as saying the nfl is the last bastion of fascism in America and I’m starting to think he was right.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2024, 08:34:54 pm »

I've maintained this since he was hired.  The most successful head coaches in college and pro football history have been guys with stern, edgy demeanors.  That McDaniel is not, and a stern, edgy demeanor -- as a team -- is exactly what's required in the current situation, and in fact a lot of the time in pro football.
I really don't believe it's the coaching, not directly. In my opinion McDaniels LOVES speed/quickness a little too much and that's all he goes for. Every draft. Every position. If you are fast/quick then he's interested. I'm not saying ignore speed/quickness. Speed is an important attribute, but you also have to be able to spot football qualities in a guy. I don't think enough value is being placed on getting players with high football IQ, a relentless competitor, strength, born leader, great instincts etc. All of these qualities are important, not just that you are fast. I think McDaniels can coach, but he needs better football players and not just a bunch of twitch players. Maybe this is why they can't put together a decent line, because I don't think he really knows how to evaluate offensive lineman.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2024, 09:12:54 pm »

The OL last year was great... when healthy, which was rare.

I suppose you could argue that McDaniel is bad at evaluating durability...?

Denver2

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2024, 09:23:42 pm »

The OL last year was great... when healthy, which was rare.

I suppose you could argue that McDaniel is bad at evaluating durability...?

This can be seen as on Greer as well as we’ve all been screaming for his entire tenure about the line and if it was ever addressed properly, a reason why I think if anyone has to go if we have a bad season it should be Grier before McDaniel.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray