Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 02:16:39 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  The Huntley Era begins in Miami tomorrow
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Huntley Era begins in Miami tomorrow  (Read 505 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: September 29, 2024, 03:12:16 pm »

In a really odd fashion tomorrow against the Titans.

In my opinion, Miami has not fully recovered from that disaster last year on Monday.  That was the lowest point in franchise history.

Tomorrow will be a huge turning point for the Dolphins.  If they can win, they can still make this season meaningful.  It will really boost their confidence and help when the tougher teams come to town.  It's clear the Jets will not be the cakewalk they were last season.  The jury is still out on New England.

Tyreek Hill needs to earn that new contract tomorrow.  He needs to get open deep and make some big plays.

Here's a question:  Is it a good idea to either 1) not name a starting quarterback before the week starts so the other team does not know who to plan for or 2) Name a starting quarterback and switch at the last second to fool the opposition into game planning for somebody else.

If a miracle happens and they go on a winning streak with Huntley, would they keep playing him when Tua comes back?

I still think that if they don't win a game without Tua, they should let him take the rest of the year off.  Brian actually posted something similar in 2015 with Ryan Tannehill.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Denver2

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2024, 07:03:22 pm »

It’s a must win that’s for sure.

I just want some fire, I want some coaching adjustments and I want a Primetime win. I want us to have to a chance when Tua comes back.

It depends on how Snoop plays, if he is lights out the reason we’re winning and is putting up huge numbers I don’t think you change that even if Tua is ready. If we’re winning but it’s more of a team effort and such, defensive battles or the like then when Tua is ready then he plays.

Let’s go Dolphins. I’m excited to watch the game and while this season has not started as I’d hoped, we can turn this around you just have to be in contention if Tua comes back.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2024, 08:36:11 pm »

"Any QB can run the offense with weapons like these" and Huntley was a Pro Bowl alternate in Baltimore, so he should be decent at least.
I'm anxious to see how the team plays.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2024, 08:43:20 am »

I wonder how much of an actual offense we will run, considering the lack of time this guy has been on the roster.  I have a feeling we're going to be doing a glorified option / screen game like watching a high school team.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2024, 06:12:42 pm »

^^^ Opposed to the juggernaut offense that generated three points last week.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2024, 08:18:50 pm »

This is a fucking joke. They've thrown 1 pass over the line of scrimmage and it was completed. The rest is pure BS. Just fucking take a 5 step drop and throw the ball and I don't care what happens next. You've already thrown 1 turnover on a backwards pass, how about we actually throw the ball down the field and turn it over, that would be an improvement. Ridiculous. McDaniels needs to be benched.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2024, 11:13:34 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2024, 09:01:16 pm »

Good news is we can still win this game

The bad is it’s terrible
doctord56
Uber Member

first dolphin game attended 11/6/66 bills29 fins 0

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2024, 09:13:23 pm »

This game is as much fun to watch as a colonoscopy without anesthesia.

And the plan to turn the dolphins into a Super Bowl contender has crumbled to dust.

A loyal fan of the 'fins since the time of Joe Auer, Dick Wood, and Wahoo McDaniel.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2024, 10:08:29 pm »

I’m out

I’m not going to follow football anymore period. It’s a sick sport anyway.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2024, 11:07:43 pm »

I was wrong about McDaniel. I thought he was an offensive genius. He's not. When you can't put together a decent looking offense with the amount of talent on this offense, you sir have failed in every regard and deserve to be fired on the spot. I would have done it after the game. That was the most pathetic display I have ever seen in my life. That's not even a decent college team level of execution. Look across the field Mike. That team doesn't have any better players than you do and they put together a decent offense. It's not as hard as you are making it and if you can't figure out how to do it with this much talent you don't deserve to be an offensive coordinator let alone a head coach. Pull your head out of your ass and just run some basic fucking plays. Every QB in this league knows how to do a 5 step drop and throw an in or out route. Fucking do it. At least send your TE 5 yards up the field and throw him a god damned fucking button hook. I mean this is fucking ridiculous. I have never been more embarrased to be a Dolphin fan. Never. This is not about a lack of talent at QB this about not knowing how to run just a normal offense. All he knows are gimmick plays. When those aren't working he's lost. What a joke.

Tua is stupid if he comes back this year. Not even Tua can save this mess and with the contract situation being what it is, it's 3 years before we have a chance at being decent again. I'm 61, I'm not going to live to see the Dolphins get back to that team of the 70's and 80's. I wish I could say I'm out, but my heart won't let me do it. I'll die a fan of a team that hasn't been above average for half my life. That makes me ill.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2024, 11:23:25 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2024, 12:52:14 am »

I think he was decent for his first game.  Miami needs to change their play calling to suit Huntley's assets, which are different than Tua's.  Shula was such a good coach because he fashioned plays to suit the players, not try to force a player into a system that's not suited for him.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2024, 01:27:24 am »

I think he was decent for his first game.  Miami needs to change their play calling to suit Huntley's assets, which are different than Tua's.  Shula was such a good coach because he fashioned plays to suit the players, not try to force a player into a system that's not suited for him.
It's not Huntley. It wasn't Thompson. Not even Tua has looked good this year. It's this play calling. What the fuck are they doing? Throwing the ball backwards? Line up and throw a god damn out route. You have 2 of the best WR's in the league. Just call some normal fucking plays and forget all this bullshit about the WR's running behind the QB and shit. It may not be fancy but it's better to throw an incomplete pass 10 yards down the field than complete a pass 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage. At least the defensive backs and LB's will have to drop into coverage and maybe you can open a few running lanes. Your pass plays aren't making it any easier on your RB's and lineman. Go back to football 101. Start over from scratch. Scrap the entire fucking playbook and just design some simple passes and routes. Hell I don't care about winning games any more, the season is toast. Just look like you know what the fuck you are doing.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2024, 01:42:44 am by Pappy13 » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray