Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2024, 05:34:54 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Best NBA dunks (in-game / non-dunk contest)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Best NBA dunks (in-game / non-dunk contest)  (Read 8122 times)
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« on: January 11, 2006, 04:09:53 pm »

Here are some of the best in-game dunks that I can think of (these do not count any slam-dunk dunks).

Add your own to this list.  This list is in no particular order.

1. Pippen over Ewing, 1990-ish

Scottie Pippen (Bulls) comes from the "off" side of the court (the "off" side means the side that the ball is not, e.g. if he's holding the ball in his right hand, he is coming from the opposite side of the court of where the ball is).  He takes the ball and takes off from about a foot in front of the foul line and one-hand stuffs it with his right hand over Patrick Ewing (Knicks), and then pushes him down.  The foul was called on Ewing, I believe.

2. Johnson over Olajuwon

Kevin Johnson (Suns), who's about 3 feet tall, skies over Hakeen Olajuwon (Rockets) and slams it right in his mouth.

3. Kobe Bryant over Yao Ming

Yao Ming is 7 foot 6, and everyone was so intimitaded by him - until Kobe slammed one in his grill.

4. Amare Stoudamire over Michael Olowakandi

This dunk was retarded.  This is a full speed slam over him.  I think this was last year, but I loved it.

5. Dominique Wilkins

I can't find the picture for it, and I don't know the year.  Basically, Wilkins is around the free throw line, at the top of the key area.  He gets the ball and says "screw it", and takes off high in the air, and pretty much tomahawked it down on the whole opposing team.  It was ridiculous, it's like he stretched his arms out 12 feet.

-------------------------------------------------

It's all yours (yes I left off John Starks - when the whole team clears out and gives him a wide open lane to dunk through, it shouldn't count as a "great" dunk.  Plus he's punk and I don't like him).

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 04:51:18 pm »

You got the first two that would come to my mind...KJ's dunk on Hakeem and Amare's dunk over Kandi-ass. Here's another one of my favorite Stoudemire moments...The Slamming of the Bulls. I like this one mainly because of the sheer ferocity of the soaring 2-handed gorilla jam, as well as the two completely different reactions by the Bulls players he was flying over:

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 05:13:43 pm »

Really, how can you go wrong with an actual sonic boom emitting from the basket?  Classic.  Shocked
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 05:15:06 pm by Thundergod » Logged
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 05:53:15 pm »

1.Vince carter dunking over fredrick weis in the olympics, that has to be number 1 of all time.

2. kobe bryant- last year, throwing his nuts all over dwight howard. Kobe's head was over the rim.

3.Julius erving- AGAINST the lakers. On the fastbreak cupped it and windmilled it as michael cooper slid by. Still one of the best dunks of all time.

4.VInce carter vs the hawks- takes the ball baseline and throws it right in dikembe mutombo's grill.

Here's a little montage of carter's best dunks.

http://www.dailymotion.com/LP/video/15495

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 07:19:16 pm »

1.Vince carter dunking over fredrick weis in the olympics, that has to be number 1 of all time.

Seconded.

jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 08:13:59 pm »

Video clip of that Carter dunk?  I never saw it

Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 04:41:04 am »

The T-Mac dunk off the backboard down the lane. That was sick

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 06:33:39 am »

Video clip of that Carter dunk?  I never saw it

http://venomweb.150m.com/vince_carter_dunk.mpg

raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 07:21:37 am »

Those clips made me very depressed.

Vince Carter should burn in hell
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 07:25:47 am »

Vince Carter is one of the NBA's all-time greatest dunkers (in-game and in slam-dunk contests).  Live with it.

raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 08:10:53 am »

he's one of the biggest back stabbers in the game.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 10:55:34 am »

As soon as I saw this thread before even reading it I thought of KJ over Hakeem and Kobe of Ming. I forgot about the Carter dunk in the olympics but that is one of the greatest dunks I have ever seen! Great thread!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray