Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2024, 01:53:56 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Pats2006...again...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pats2006...again...  (Read 4685 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« on: January 12, 2006, 06:33:13 am »

I'm more confused now.  You're "stationed" in Worcester but....

I drive by the ball park every day.

Worcester and Boston are over 50 miles away.  Active duty soldiers aren't allowed to live beyond five miles from their base.  Stroke...am I off base on that?  I know I only spent 16 years in, so I could be fuzzy.  I also know that off base living is determined by rank and time in.  You said that you are going on four years.  Right?

I also don't remember a full time Marine base located in Worcester.

What unit are you assigned to?  Your MOS?  What's your E-Grade?

I get excited when a fellow soldier signs up on the board.  I get sketched when they become offended at being called a soldier and then when they ignore direct questions about their service...

So - what's the dilly?  You've got a lot of vets on this board that are interested in knowing about your service.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 06:44:02 am by MaineDolFan » Logged

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 07:34:50 am »

I'm more confused now.  You're "stationed" in Worcester but....

Worcester and Boston are over 50 miles away.  Active duty soldiers aren't allowed to live beyond five miles from their base.  Stroke...am I off base on that?  I know I only spent 16 years in, so I could be fuzzy.  I also know that off base living is determined by rank and time in.  You said that you are going on four years.  Right?

I also don't remember a full time Marine base located in Worcester.

What unit are you assigned to?  Your MOS?  What's your E-Grade?

I get excited when a fellow soldier signs up on the board.  I get sketched when they become offended at being called a soldier and then when they ignore direct questions about their service...

So - what's the dilly?  You've got a lot of vets on this board that are interested in knowing about your service.

ummm.....  Lets get one the straight, I am a Marine not a soldier!! I am a 0121(MOS) E-4/Cpl with the 25th Marines 4th Mar Div. It is a I & I Duty station. As of 3 days ago we just moved from Worcester to Devens MA. We are at the old Army Base. We do not have to live more than 5 miles from where we are stationed, as long as we get to work there are no problems. So that's why I drive by the ball park every day on my way to and from work.
There are about 25 of us on active duty right now. The other half is deployed.  We take care of the USMCR (United States Marine Corps Reserve). Are jobs are to train the Reserves. They come in one weekend a month. 2 weeks out of the year. That's when AT is (Annual Training). Last year we went to Norway for cold weather training. Did stuff like set up camp on a mountain and stuff like that. It was cold as shit.

I was stationed in NC for a few years at Cherry Point before I was deployed to the Middle East for about a year. When I got back to NC I got orders to come to Worcester Ma and here I am. I should have been getting out this Friday but I fucked up my shoulder up and recently had surgery on it to fix it. So I won't be getting out for about 16 - 20 weeks from the day I had surgery.

Does that about cover my military background?

Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 07:50:38 am »

Weird, I've called Marine officers "soldier" and they never got defensive about it.

They were just being nice.  Grin

I guess - when you think about it - Marines are an off branch of the Navy.  Would you feel more comfortable being called "sailor?"

We have nothing to do with the Navy. If we need a ride they drive us.   Wink  Nasty Navy.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 07:51:18 am by Pats2006 » Logged

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 07:53:15 am »

They were just being nice.  Grin

Yeeeeah.  You've never had to deal with the CID, have you?  They were trying not to shit themselves.

Have you ever met a NICE Marine officer?

-Voltaire
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 09:05:54 am »

How much work does a Marine Officer do anyways?  Everyone knows the NCO's take care of everything while the Officer's Club is fully packed every day.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 09:07:53 am »

How much work does a Marine Officer do anyways?  Everyone knows the NCO's take care of everything while the Officer's Club is fully packed every day.

Warrant Officers bust their asses.  Of course 99.9% of Warrant Officers are really E-6 and E-7's in disguise.

-Voltaire
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray