Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 01:12:50 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Why are Steelers the Superbowl Home Team?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Why are Steelers the Superbowl Home Team?  (Read 5308 times)
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« on: January 25, 2006, 12:32:22 pm »

well does anyone know?
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 12:38:28 pm »

Don't they alternate every other year between conferences?

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 12:53:00 pm »

Yeah, i believe they alternate.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 01:24:55 pm »

thats stupid
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 01:27:08 pm »

Why does it matter?  other than jersey color and who gets to call the coin toss?
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 02:34:24 pm »

Why does it matter?  other than jersey color and who gets to call the coin toss?
Exactly. Who cares.

Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 02:50:08 pm »

Exactly. Who cares.

Actually there are a lot of teams that care.  Many teams believe wearing your colored jerseys makes your players look bigger and more intimidating.  Most teams wear their colors at home.  The exceptions are warm weather teams like the Dolphins who wear white to have the advantage in the heat.  At this time of the year, heat is not a factor. 

Philly is correct in that the designated home team alternates between conferences every year.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 02:57:07 pm »

Actually there are a lot of teams that care.  Many teams believe wearing your colored jerseys makes your players look bigger and more intimidating.  Most teams wear their colors at home.  The exceptions are warm weather teams like the Dolphins who wear white to have the advantage in the heat.  At this time of the year, heat is not a factor. 

Philly is correct in that the designated home team alternates between conferences every year.

Well as the "home team" the Steeler chose to wear their white jerseys anyways so I guess it really does not matter this year!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 03:41:16 pm »

Well as the "home team" the Steeler chose to wear their white jerseys anyways so I guess it really does not matter this year!!!!!

They chose to wear the  white since they have won 3 playoff games in a row wearing white jerseys.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 03:15:35 pm »

Good old superstition...

The dolphins are undefeated on days i wear non-matching socks and a jersey of a defensive player.

Roll Eyes
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 05:49:58 pm »

Good old superstition...

The dolphins are undefeated on days i wear non-matching socks and a jersey of a defensive player.

Roll Eyes

Well they are undefeated wearing Orange Jerseys in Prime Time slots!!!!!  Tongue

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2006, 10:56:58 am »

Heres the funny twist. Next year, the NFC will be the home team. Next year, the Super Bowl is in Miami. Hypothetically, if Miami makes the Super Bowl, they will be the visiting team, meaning they won't get to use their own locker room!

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2006, 11:04:10 am »

Oh, god - that sucks.   Seeing how nice the Dolphins' locker room is, can you imagine being the "visiting" (NFC) team, playing in the super bowl, and having your opponent's logo 10 feet diameter in the carpet and on everything?

Wow...
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2006, 11:06:07 am »

Heres the funny twist. Next year, the NFC will be the home team. Next year, the Super Bowl is in Miami. Hypothetically, if Miami makes the Super Bowl, they will be the visiting team, meaning they won't get to use their own locker room!
That sucks for you guys. I don't believe that in the history of the Superbowl the hosting city has ever made it. So you guys have already been eliminated.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2006, 11:10:19 am »

you never know - there's a first time for everything.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray