Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 07:18:51 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  TDMMC Mock Draft
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: TDMMC Mock Draft  (Read 17902 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2006, 11:31:38 pm »

Regarding the Eagles pick of a TE, I forgot about LJ Smith, and was thinking that Chad Lewis couldn't cut it anymore....I read that that guy was supposed to be gone already, too. Oh well.

It's the Eagles...they could do anything. Watch them draft the guy anyway and make ya look like a genius.   Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2006, 11:34:42 pm »

Moved to current page...

1) Houston Texans:  Reggie Bush, RB, USC (Dave)
2) New Orleans Saints:  Matt Leinart, QB, USC (Philly)
3) Tennesee Titans:  Vince Young, QB, Texas (Tommy)
4) New York Stinkin Jets:  Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt (CF)
5) Green Bay Packers:  A. J. Hawk, LB, Ohio St (Sunstroke's client)
6) Oakland Raiders:  Tamba Hali, DE, Penn St (Tommy)
7) San Francisco 49ers:  D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia (Sunstroke)
8 ) Buffalo Bills:  Winston Justice, OT, USC (AZ)
9) Detroit Lions:  Mario Williams, DE, NC St (CDogg)
10) Arizona Cardinals:  LenDale White, RB, USC (JVides)
11) St. Louis Rams:  Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, BC(Tommy)
12) Cleveland Browns:  DeMeco Ryans, LB, Alabama (Sunstroke)
13) Baltimore Ravens:  DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis (JVides)
14) Philadelphia Eagles:  Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland (Dave)
15) Atlanta Falcons:  Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio St (Tommy)
16) Miami Dolphins:  Jimmy Williams, CB, Va Tech (Phinatic)
17) Minnesota Vikings:  Chad Greenway, LB, Iowa (CF)
18 ) Dallas Cowboys:  Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn (Sunstroke)
19) San Diego Chargers:  Darnell Bing, CB, USC (Tommy)
20) Kansas City Chiefs:  Michael Huff, DB, Texas (AZ)
21) New England Patriots:  Thomas Howard, LB, UTEP (Sunstroke)
22) Denver Broncos (from Skins):  Ko Simpson, CB, S. Carolina (D_B)
23) Tampa Bay Buccaneers:  Jonathon Scott, OT, Texas (BJL)
24) Cincinnati Bengals:  Broderick Bunkley, DT, FSU (Tommy)
25) New York Giants: 
26) Chicago Bears: 
27) Carolina Panthers
28) Jacksonville Jaguars
29) Denver Broncos
30) Indianapolis Colts
31) Pittsburgh Steelers
32) Seattle Seahawks

« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 09:56:06 pm by Sunstroke » Logged

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2006, 11:54:37 pm »

I think the Egales are more likely to grab a WR or d-line help than a TE. Thats just based on local media speculation.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2006, 06:04:50 am »

Just because I pretty much agree with Doug and couldn't say it any better... I'll repost one that he already did for Miami.

Quote from: The Phinatic
I'll take it   Grin .

First of all, let me start by saying the draft ain't gonna happen this way  Grin .  Everyone let the top cornerback drop to #16 so I'm taking him.

The Miami Dolphins select Virginia Tech Cornerback/Safety Jimmy Williams

I would love to get Jay Cutler, but he's gone.  In this scenario, I'm fixing my 2nd biggest weak spot (dbs). Williams will be an instant starter and keep it from getting toasty in South Florida!  Then, I'm going after Whitehurst in the 2nd or 3rd depending on how his stock moves after the Combine.

Minnesota is on the clock ...

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2006, 06:21:35 am »

Since Doug snuck in and took Miami I'll go with Minnesota ...  Wink

With the 17th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select.....

LB Chad Greenway from Iowa

Can you say DEFENSE? That felt wierd as we haven't said it in quite a while.

Dallas Cowboys are on the clock ....

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2006, 01:26:31 pm »

With the 18th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowgirls select: OT Marcus McNeill from Auburn

The Chargers are on the clock...

As far as Phinatic's comment about there being no way the draft will go this way...I agree completely. Jimmy Williams is a monster, and shouldn't slide anywhere near that far. He'll probably go to my Niners, but for this mock's sake, I certainly couldn't see the 49ers passing on D'Brickashaw if he was there at #7.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 01:30:23 pm by Sunstroke » Logged

~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2006, 09:53:34 pm »

With the 19th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the San Diego Chargers select.....

DB Darnell Bing of Southern Cal

The chargers need someone who can impact their secondary.  With both of the top CB prospects (Huff and Williams) gone, they opt for Bing who is a big, athletic, hard hitting safety.  He should be able to step in and contribute immediately. 

Kansas City is on the clock!!!!
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2006, 10:42:14 pm »

With the 19th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the San Diego Chargers select.....

DB Darnell Bing of Southern Cal

With both of the top CB prospects (Huff and Williams) gone, they opt for Bing who is a big, athletic, hard hitting safety. 

Huff was not selected yet.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2006, 07:28:08 am »

Huff was not selected yet.

Sorry dude.  Missed that.  I'm also involved in the draft on Phinatics and Huff was taken like 7th.  I'm amazed he's lasted this long.  In the real draft, don't expect him to slip this far.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2006, 01:26:21 pm »

Sorry dude.  Missed that.  I'm also involved in the draft on Phinatics and Huff was taken like 7th.  I'm amazed he's lasted this long.  In the real draft, don't expect him to slip this far.

I agree that there is no way he slips this far but.....

In this case....

With the 20th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft the Kansas City Chiefs select......Michael Huff - DB - Texas

The New England Patriots are on the clock!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2006, 06:19:03 pm »

With the 21st pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the New England Patriots select LB Thomas Howard from UTEP

New England's LB corps is about the oldest in the NFL, and new blood is definitely needed. I think Thomas Howard is a better fit here than the other LB that's projecting as a late 1st rounder, the Buckeyes' Bobby Carpenter.

The biggest dilemma in this pick is that there is one player that should never, ever have fallen as far as he has so far in this mock...Oregon DT Haloti Ngata. I couldn't have NE take him here though, since they have two damned good ones in Seymour and Wilfork already. Ngata is gonna be an elite run-stopper at NT for some 3-4 team though. 6'5, 351 lbs and as strong from the hips down as anyone in the draft. Basically, a solid wall with shoulderpads...

At this point, the 49ers would like to trade up (our early second and our early third) to take Ngata. If Nolan could come out of this draft with two players like D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Haloti Ngata to anchor our lines, I'd be one seriously happy camper!  Grin

The Denver Broncos are on the clock...I'm sending a PM to D_B so he can make his team's two first round picks.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 06:20:41 pm by Sunstroke » Logged

~ Micah Leggat
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2006, 08:17:03 am »

22nd pick America's team is gling with Ko Simpson FS south Carolina

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
BJL
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2006, 11:32:19 am »

It's only fitting I pick...

So, as Tampa Bay, I select a guy who I hope plows the road for Caddy. I'm not very knowledgeable on most of these players, but I'm going to pick...

Jonathon Scott, OT, Texas...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 11:34:33 am by BJL » Logged

Trade for Brian Griese? Yay, another washed up veteran QB...
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2006, 09:41:39 pm »

With the 24th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Cincinatti Bengals select.....

DT Broderick Bunkley of Florida St

The Bengals need someone who can clog up the middle and disrupt running plays while occasionally pressuring the QB.  Bunkley and Rodrique Wright of Texas fit that description perfectly, with Bunkley grading out just a little bit better.

The Giants are on the clock!!! 

Sending jtex a PM
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2006, 10:52:47 pm »

After their OT debacle in Seattle could the Giants reach for a kicker???  What about their playoff debacle against Carolina?  They couldn't stop the run, run the ball or protect the QB = best lineman available? 

Phinatic - love the pick.  I'm more of a "the game is won in the trenches" type of guy so was hoping for a guard or left tackle (because the QBs were gone) - but Huff would do nicely.  Let's assume that Seattle's Hutchinson is not franchised and we sign the future HOFer.   Wink

PS - I usually hate mock drafts but this has been kind of fun.  Love the commentary.  Now someone hurry and pick a WSU Cougar damnit!  I demand appeasment!   Grin
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 11:04:42 pm by run_to_win » Logged

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray