Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2024, 09:20:42 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  TDMMC Mock Draft
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: TDMMC Mock Draft  (Read 17993 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: January 31, 2006, 11:31:12 am »

Note -- please only pick ONE guy, then let the next several go by before you pick again.  You may add notes if you'd like, but they aren't needed.  NO TRADES.  Also, make sure that you don't pick a guy that's already been picked.

I'll start:

1) HOUSTON TEXAS - Reggie Bush, RB, Southern Cal

All this talk about giving up on Carr, I think is BS.  Bush seems to be that special talent that only comes along every few years.  The Texans take him, no question.

On the clock: New Orleans

I drink your milkshake!
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 11:46:27 am »

With the second pick of the draft, The New Orleans Saints select:

Matt Leinart.

All this talk of him dropping is bogus. The Saints need a big name franchise QB, and Leinart is the guy. Also, its a wise move if Benson plans to sell the team to LA interests. Bringing a franchise to Southern California with Leianrt as the QB is a marketing goldmine.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 12:09:40 pm »

With the third pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Tennesee Titans select.......

QB Vince Young of Texas

Steve McNair has obviously begun the twilight of his NFL career, so it is time to start grooming his replacement.  And Billy Volek aint it.  Young has a cannon arm and Michael Vick-esque legs.  The knock on him is his sidearm throwing motion, which can easily be worked on. 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 01:43:12 pm by Tommy » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 12:13:07 pm »

With the fourth pick of the draft ... the New York Stinkin Jets select qb Jay Cutler from Vandy.

This may be the only smart thing the Jets do this year but I hear they are high on Cutler.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 12:38:48 pm »

With the fifth pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select LB A.J. Hawk from Ohio State

I just got off the phone with a client who is a die-hard Packers fan. He asked me to try working a trade down, but if that was impossible, to select A.J. on his behalf. Hawk fills a serious need position. I personally would have gone after D-Brick here, but GB is set OK at tackle...they need interior linemen and an entire new defense.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 12:43:47 pm »

With the fifth pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select LB A.J. Hawk from Ohio State

I just got off the phone with a client who is a die-hard Packers fan. He asked me to try working a trade down, but if that was impossible, to select A.J. on his behalf. Hawk fills a serious need position. I personally would have gone after D-Brick here, but GB is set OK at tackle...they need interior linemen and an entire new defense.

I'm surprised you didn't hold out for the San Fran pick!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 12:55:18 pm »

I'm surprised you didn't hold out for the San Fran pick!

I was, but that client asked me to make the GB pick on his behalf. I'll probably jump in at #7 for my Niners as well, and then sit back and watch the rest of the way.  Cheesy

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 01:42:39 pm »

I know you said to let several go by, but this is a no brainer:

With the sixth pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select.......

DE Tamba Hali of Penn St

Like Green Bay, Oakland needs a major defensive makeover.  One area that needs immediate attention is their ability to pressure opposing QB's.  The Liberian Lacerator (Hali) would fill that need tremendously. 

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 01:57:30 pm »

Only in the squishiest of Sunstroke's wet dreams could this next pick actually happen:

With the 7th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the 5-time Super Bowl Champion Forty-Niners select: Offensive Tackle, D'Brickashaw Ferguson

(...and there was much rejoicing throughout the land...YAY!)

~ Micah Leggat
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 02:29:10 pm »

With the 8th pick in the 2006 NFL draft......the SUCKSHIT Buffalo Bills select

Winston Justice - OT Southern California

They need help at Defensive Tackle as well but can not pass on an what should be an immediate impact player for their Offensive offensive line!!!!!

The Detroit Lions are on the clock!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Cdogg

Ckeating982
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 03:21:45 pm »

With the 9th pick in the 2006 NFL draft The Detroit Lions select........

Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina St.

After workouts he should solidify himself as the top defensive player in the draft.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 03:25:31 pm »

With the 9th pick in the 2006 NFL draft The Detroit Lions select........

Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina St.

After workouts he should solidify himself as the top defensive player in the draft.

And they finally break the three year streak of drafting a wideout in the first round!!!!
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 03:50:52 pm »

And they finally break the three year streak of drafting a wideout in the first round!!!!

Don't worry we all know they will be taking Derek Hagan - WR from ASU  Wink

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 04:08:32 pm »

Don't worry we all know they will be taking Derek Hagan - WR from ASU Wink

Why? Don't Roy and Mike Williams drop enough passes by themselves?  Roll Eyes

~ Micah Leggat
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006, 04:42:00 pm »

With the tenth pick in the 2006 NFL draft, the Arizona Cardinals select LenDale White, running back, USC.

The Cardinals suffered from "groundgamesuckitis" in 2005, a chronic condition that, if left untreated, could lead to "deadkurtwarner simplex syndrome".  The Cardinals draft for need, and select perhaps the best power back in the draft.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 04:50:27 pm by Sunstroke » Logged

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray