Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 02:18:51 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Lelie on the block ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lelie on the block ?  (Read 2853 times)
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« on: February 09, 2006, 09:53:00 am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ashely Lelie is garnering trade interest from a couple of different teams around the league.

The first team, the 49ers, are considering a trade for Lelie, and are said to be willing to part with a first day pick for the receiver if they can come to an agreement with him over a new contract. We're told that Lelie has family in California, and would be interested in moving to the warmer climate.

According to our source, another team interested in the services of Lelie is the Atlanta Falcons. We're told that Lelie is less interested in playing in Atlanta, for unspecified reasons, and will try to steer things in the direction of California should things develop further.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 11:07:59 am »

I wouldn't mind having Lelie as a Niner, but really don't think he will ever develop into a #1 WR. He can be a good #2 "deep threat" WR though, simply because of his speed. His career YPC is ridiculously high...but can young master Alex actually get the ball to him? He's got to have at least three inches on Brandon Lloyd, and I do have an affection for tall receivers.

We have 11 picks in this draft...obviously I'd prefer to see SF give as late a draft pick as possible, but if we could get Lelie for the later of our two third rounders, or maybe (knock on wood) a 4th rounder, I'd really have no problem at all with that.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 05:46:59 pm »

Per the 49ers press release yesterday, Scot McCloughan said there was "no truth" to an Internet rumor the 49ers were considering trading a first-day draft pick to the Denver Broncos for receiver Ashley Lelie.

Again...I wouldn't mind having him, personally, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 08:39:04 pm »

Per the 49ers press release yesterday, Scot McCloughan said there was "no truth" to an Internet rumor the 49ers were considering trading a first-day draft pick to the Denver Broncos for receiver Ashley Lelie.

Again...I wouldn't mind having him, personally, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

I'd offer a third going to a second if he makes the Pro Bowl next year.  I agree with your analysis.  He's a solid #2 receiver as well as a legitimate deep-threat type, but will never be able to be a #1 consistently. 
Dphins4me
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 10:40:37 pm »

I'd take him for a 6th.  However, I just do not see Denver paying a team to take him for that price.  Might take a 5th.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 11:30:00 pm »

I'd take him for a 6th. However, I just do not see Denver paying a team to take him for that price. Might take a 5th.

I'd give one of our 5th rounders in a second for Lelie. Hell, I'd be happy to get him for a 4th. I don't see us drafting a WR with Lelie's ability in the 4th round or later who could step in immediately and be a viable target like Ash could.

~ Micah Leggat
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 01:11:33 am »

He's a solid #2 receiver as well as a legitimate deep-threat type, but will never be able to be a #1 consistently. 
Sounds familiar.  What would Miami do with a 2nd (3rd?)  #2 receiver?

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 11:56:26 am »

denver has to do something with lelie if they're gonna bring TO in
Dphins4me
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 11:05:54 pm »

I'd give one of our 5th rounders in a second for Lelie. Hell, I'd be happy to get him for a 4th. I don't see us drafting a WR with Lelie's ability in the 4th round or later who could step in immediately and be a viable target like Ash could.

I would not give you anything for him.  I think he is soft.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray