Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 14, 2024, 06:25:57 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Drafting A Buckeye
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Drafting A Buckeye  (Read 3843 times)
crazy_scar_man
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Gaylick

321832691 mkilmurry
« on: February 09, 2006, 07:22:29 pm »

I just wanted to throw this topic out there on the off chance that someone from the Dolphins personnel would read it.

Draft a buckeye, and you will have one more stout Miami fan for years to come.

Hawk and Holmes don't make too much sense with your current team, but Youboty would be an all star pick up. Second year pro bowler for sure.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 07:31:14 pm »

I just wanted to throw this topic out there on the off chance that someone from the Dolphins personnel would read it.

Draft a buckeye, and you will have one more stout Miami fan for years to come.

Hawk and Holmes don't make too much sense with your current team, but Youboty would be an all star pick up. Second year pro bowler for sure.

Not offense Scar but I'm pretty sure they aren't going to pour over one college so as they can add one more fan!  Wink

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 09:15:57 pm »

I still say that I'd love to see either SF or Miami take a big ol' Buckeye, C/G Nick Mangold. Every time I've watched OSU play, I came away impressed with the way the interior line played, and Mangold is the biggest reason. I see him possibly going 2nd round though, so not sure Saban will go that early on an interior O-lineman this draft...I think the first two rounds will see Miami getting two of the following three positions: DB, QB, OT but maybe if he slides to the third...?

I do think that, as impressive a job as the O-line Rainman, Hudson Houck, did with limited talent last season, he could really do wonders with more talented beef to work with.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 12:43:31 am »

Eric Winston will be our man.  Bank on it!  Ahem.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Househead
YJFF Member
Uber Member

djflow
Email
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 08:26:30 am »

Eric Winston will be our man.  Bank on it!  Ahem.

And he should be ten times better than the last UM product we got.
mcduff81
Uber Member

2007 NCAA Tournament!!

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 08:53:15 am »

Not much..some draft gurus have Winston slipping to round 2. Bad knee, bad Senior year.
No way I want Mr. Winston with the #16 pick. Honestly, I don't want to draft an offensive linemen at all in the first round. I think we will handle upgrading this in free agency moreso.

If we don't get Cutler with #16, I want to draft defense...
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 10:58:30 am »

I don't want to draft an offensive linemen at all in the first round. I think we will handle upgrading this in free agency moreso

Thinking like that's what got the Dolphins their current offensive line.  I say draft a left tackle in the first if the top QBs aren't around and be set there for the next 12 years.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
mcduff81
Uber Member

2007 NCAA Tournament!!

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 11:06:47 am »

Vernon Carey? Will he be there 12 years?  There are more offensive line busts than any other...
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006, 07:19:59 pm »

Not much..some draft gurus have Winston slipping to round 2. Bad knee, bad Senior year.
No way I want Mr. Winston with the #16 pick. Honestly, I don't want to draft an offensive linemen at all in the first round. I think we will handle upgrading this in free agency moreso.

If we don't get Cutler with #16, I want to draft defense...

I agree.  Winston busted his knee midway through his junior year and hasn't been the same since.

Free agency..... Bingo!!!!  If we pick up LeCharles Bentley from the Saints and Steve Hutchinson from the Seahawks, we're pretty much set.   
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray