Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 12:28:47 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Question for you guys
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Question for you guys  (Read 2599 times)
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« on: February 11, 2006, 06:57:13 pm »

2 actually

Are the Steelers going to successful defend their title?
And Are the Seahawks going to end up like the teams previous that lost the SB and went to have a season where they would  completely miss the playoffs . (I.E Eagles, Raiders etc. )
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 07:34:25 pm »

Nope, and nope.

Too many really good teams out there to think Pittsburgh will defend their title. They could, but I wouldn't give them "favorite" status at this point.

...and too much talent on the Seahawks roster to think they'll flop so far as to not make the playoffs.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 08:36:35 pm »

Nope, and nope.

Too many really good teams out there to think Pittsburgh will defend their title. They could, but I wouldn't give them "favorite" status at this point.

...and too much talent on the Seahawks roster to think they'll flop so far as to not make the playoffs.

I agree.  I think Pitt will win the division next year as Cincy's playoff run will prove to be a one-year wonder, but they won't get past the second round. 

I think Seattle will be in the thick of it in the NFC again next year.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 11:43:42 pm »

What 'Stroke said. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 12:18:08 am »

I agree. I think Pitt will win the division next year as Cincy's playoff run will prove to be a one-year wonder

I'm not so sure that Cinci is a one year wonder, to be honest with ya... They have great weapons on offense, assuming Carson's full recovery (which I do expect). They've invested $$ and draft picks on defense and have shown improvement on that side of the ball as well. Marvin Lewis is one of the best motivators among HC's, so I don't see them dropping too far next season. If I had to bet a dollar on their 2006 record...I'd put it on 10-6 and wild card contender.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 01:41:53 am »

Does anyone here really think that Pittsburgh was the best team in the NFL this season?

If anyone here says yes to that, I think you're smoking some potent crack.

Pittsburgh will be a wild-card team next year, at best.  Pittsburgh will narrowly miss the playoffs, as they nearly did this year, because teams like KC, Miami, SD, and Baltimore will be MUCH better.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 01:05:04 pm »

The Steelers will not be a losing team if that's what you mean. They will not go back to the SB and may miss the playoffs though.

Seattle will make the playoffs because they play in a very weak division.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 01:52:37 pm »

The Steelers will not be a losing team if that's what you mean. They will not go back to the SB and may miss the playoffs though.

Seattle will make the playoffs because they play in a very weak division.

I think the Steelers will win their division but not make it past the second round. 

Seattle could easily be just as good next year as they are this year.  The entire NFC as a whole is weak with the exception of a few standout teams. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray