Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2024, 06:45:37 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Who do you think will be the Fins starting QB in 2006?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Who do you think will be the Fins starting QB in 2006?
Jay Cutler   -2 (7.7%)
Gus Frerotte   -17 (65.4%)
Cleo Lemon   -0 (0%)
Philip Rivers   -1 (3.8%)
Matt Schaub   -1 (3.8%)
Steve McNair   -0 (0%)
Other (please specify)   -5 (19.2%)
Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: Who do you think will be the Fins starting QB in 2006?  (Read 6917 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 06:37:08 pm »

I honestly think Favre can come back and have a really good year, but I'm not sure I would want any quarterback to "study under Favre". Nothing the guy does is by the book; he throws off balance (on virtually all throws, even when he has plenty of time), he torpedoes everything and he'll take ANY chance.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 07:46:35 am »

I honestly think Favre can come back and have a really good year, but I'm not sure I would want any quarterback to "study under Favre". Nothing the guy does is by the book; he throws off balance (on virtually all throws, even when he has plenty of time), he torpedoes everything and he'll take ANY chance.

He didn't always play that way.  He only did it the past two seasons because his defense basically sucked in 2004, and his whole team sucked in 2005.  He was trying to do it on his own then.    Surround him with a worthy supporting cast, and he could go back to being close to the Brett Favre he used to be. 
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2006, 10:15:46 am »

He didn't always play that way.  He only did it the past two seasons because his defense basically sucked in 2004, and his whole team sucked in 2005.  He was trying to do it on his own then.    Surround him with a worthy supporting cast, and he could go back to being close to the Brett Favre he used to be. 

Favre has always played that way. It's basically how he got the lable "gunslinger". That guy has been scrambling, lobbing, chucking and ducking as long as I can remember him. look at the old footage and I'm sure it will refresh your memory.
Komrade Conrad

Email
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2006, 08:13:44 am »

Its got to be Frerotte. This is because the latest cap numbers show them having to get rid of offensive linemen to just meet the ceiling, plus Gus has to take a cut. How are they going to turn around and bring on FA QB competition? Gus Frerotte's a great QB to go behind a weak line. It would be repeating the mistake of 2004, when the brought in Feeley to compete with Fiedler and they both played injured through the season... It makes sense to keep the QB and give him better protection!!

BTW thanks for the commemorative 2004 season plate/crying towel present you send me for guessing their league record.   
Predatory_Fins
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2006, 10:40:31 am »

Its got to be Frerotte. This is because the latest cap numbers show them having to get rid of offensive linemen to just meet the ceiling, plus Gus has to take a cut. How are they going to turn around and bring on FA QB competition? Gus Frerotte's a great QB to go behind a weak line. It would be repeating the mistake of 2004, when the brought in Feeley to compete with Fiedler and they both played injured through the season... It makes sense to keep the QB and give him better protection!!

BTW thanks for the commemorative 2004 season plate/crying towel present you send me for guessing their league record.   

to quote my boy lee corso, Not so fast my friend..... Take a look at this

If the NFL hadn't delayed the start of the free-agent signing period by 72 hours on Thursday, the Dolphins would have released starting quarterback Gus Frerotte.

Instead, Frerotte remains with the franchise -- although probably not for much longer if the league doesn't reach agreement with its players' union on a new Collective Bargaining Agreement.

And even should that happen, there remains a strong likelihood Frerotte will be playing elsewhere in 2006.

Should a labor pact get finalized, the Dolphins would have enough cap space to keep Frerotte for at least the short term. But after a conversation Frerotte had with Dolphins coach Nick Saban on Thursday, Marvin Demoff said it's clear the franchise is trying to find a new starter.

A source said the Dolphins have interest in San Diego's Drew Brees, who is considered the top unrestricted free agent at the position. But the Dolphins are hesitant to offer the amount of guaranteed money needed to sign Brees because of concerns about his surgically repaired right shoulder, the source said.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2006, 12:16:09 pm »

I locked the vote on here, since things have changed quite a bit.  Who would we have to say the frontrunners are:

Gus or Brees?

Realistically, a lot would have to happen for us to get Cutler.

I drink your milkshake!
Predatory_Fins
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2006, 12:35:51 pm »

I locked the vote on here, since things have changed quite a bit.  Who would we have to say the frontrunners are:

Gus or Brees?

Realistically, a lot would have to happen for us to get Cutler.

Hey dave, seeing as now they are saying Gus isn't going to play for us next year unless something drastic changes, you can pretty much knock him off the list too
T-ROCK

I have cried on game day...

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2006, 10:53:53 am »

Drew Brees

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2006, 10:29:06 pm »

It looks more and more like Brees is gonna be our guy.  San Diego has a bunch of young players that can grow with Phillip Rivers.  Brees, on the other hand, is well established.  Rumors have it that he is ahead of schedule in his rehab and will be 100% come traning camp.  We'll see what this guy is made of. 
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2006, 12:31:04 pm »

thank god they got the cba extension done. now the phins can start making their moves. first priority is going to be to drop a boatload of cash at the door of brees and sign him as the starter.  Grin

next on the agenda is going to try to restructure headbutt's contract so we can keep him. hopefully he is smart, realizes that he is an excellent backup, and not really going to be considered a starter anywhere else unless a team is in some serious trouble. he isn't going to get much on the open market, and hopefully he is tired of being a journeyman qb. as a backup here, anything happens to brees, he steps right in and can win a couple of games.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray