Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 07:27:09 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Alexander a Panther?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Alexander a Panther?  (Read 1914 times)
crazy_scar_man
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Gaylick

321832691 mkilmurry
« on: February 13, 2006, 02:16:31 pm »

Alexander: ready to play the field if Seattle doesn't work out

By JAYMES SONG, AP Sports Writer
February 13, 2006

HONOLULU (AP) -- Shaun Alexander may have Carolina on his mind.

Alexander, who sat out the Pro Bowl on Sunday because of a sprained right foot, said contract negotiations with the Seattle Seahawks will continue Monday. But the NFL's Most Valuable Player said he's open to playing elsewhere.

"I never really thought up until I got out here that I could be on another team, but it was really neat to see me with Carolina guys and having fun like that," he said following the NFC's 23-17 victory over the AFC. "It was different, but it was definitely neat."

Several NFC teammates spent the past few days, half jokingly wooing Alexander. He will become one of the league's most coveted free agents if he doesn't re-sign with the Seahawks before March 3.

"Honestly, whatever happens, I'm going to be happy. I'm going to be satisfied," he said. "It is an exciting opportunity for me, having all these teams basically come at me and sign me. That's cool."

The Panthers, who lost to the Seahawks in the NFC championship game, may have left the strongest impression.

There were four Carolina players on the NFC including quarterback Jake Delhomme, receiver Steve Smith, defensive end Julius Peppers and guard Mike Wahle. Not to mention the entire coaching staff.

"At the same time, we've already started with Seattle and the conversations will continue tomorrow and we told them if it's correct, it's correct. But if it's not, we're going to play the field," Alexander said. "If Carolina comes correct or Arizona, or whoever else it could be, Jacksonville, whoever, that is what it is."

Alexander led the NFL with a team-record 1,880 yards rushing and a league-record 28 touchdowns, and gained 95 yards on 20 carries in the Super Bowl.

The three-time Pro Bowl player said the Seahawks' spectacular season won't factor in his decision.

"I'm a firm believer that I'm going to get back to the Super Bowl," he said. "They know what they have to do. I tell them that in a loving way. But if they don't, I'm prepared to go off and play the market."

Alexander said the trip to Hawaii helped close the year.

"I kind of realized there was life after this season. We were just on a grind and I just felt our team, as a group, just came together so much. We just achieved so much this year, it was awesome," he said. "This was just a great opportunity to take a deep breath and say, OK, let's see what happens next year."

Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 02:47:20 pm »

He will be exposed should he go to another division. You shall see....

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 03:09:44 pm »

No, I see Seattle keeping Alexander, and I see Carolina going after RB in the first two rounds of the draft (if a decent enough one doesn't come aboard during FA). I'd love to see Carolina grab a guy like Maroney out of Minnesota if they decide to go RB in the draft.

It isn't like DeShaun Foster doesn't have any talent, but he just can't stay healthy long enough to make an impact.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 03:10:57 pm »

He will be exposed should he go to another division. You shall see....

You should be aware that he carried the ball 222 times for 1060 yards (4.8 avg) with 13 TD against non-division opponents this year before making that statement. If he slows down it will be age catching him.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray