Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 14, 2024, 06:18:33 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  remember Gene Atkins?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: remember Gene Atkins?  (Read 2424 times)
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« on: February 14, 2006, 12:02:51 am »

Ex-Dolphin gets probation in domestic violence caseAssociated Press

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Former Miami Dolphins safety Gene Atkins was sentenced to three years' probation as part of a plea deal in connection with charges stemming from a domestic violence call to his home.

Broward Circuit Judge Geoffrey Cohen agreed to withhold adjudication. So, the charges of domestic battery, battery of a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest with violence will not appear on Atkins' record after his probation.

Atkins, 41, could have faced five years in prison if convicted on all 20 of the charges he initially faced.

Atkins was with the Dolphins from 1994 to 1996.

A telephone call made to the office of Atkins' attorney Fred Haddad after hours was not immediately returned.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2314598
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 07:29:50 am »

That guy was a punk, and he was a major liability in pass coverage.  I remember when he got burned on a deep pass in Shula's last year as coach, he's screaming at Olivadotti claiming he'd played the coverage correctly, but whoever heard of a three deep zone where the free safety wasn't responsible for the deep middle??  Luckily Shula had the gall to bench him the next day. 

He didn't last five games once Jimmy came in.  I remember it was him, and him alone that cost us the game against Seattle.  Got burned on three big TD plays. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray