Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 14, 2024, 06:16:57 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  RAYLEW
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: RAYLEW  (Read 8933 times)
BillKilla

Email
« on: February 14, 2006, 11:07:24 am »

What do you guys think of maybe trading for RAY LEWIS. He played for the canes and would look good in teal and Orange. Maybe give Ricky or a third rounder for him
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 11:39:05 am »

Why would we need Ray Lewis?
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 11:43:30 am »

Randy McMichael needs a prison buddy.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 11:51:37 am »

Miami plays 3-4 again next year, so Ray Lewis and Zach Thomas as the two interior linebackers and Jason Taylor and Channing Crowder as the two exterior linebackers could be pretty exciting.  (Not that I think this will happen, but it's a fun thought)

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
BillKilla

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 11:54:52 am »

Rey Lew would make any D better maybe we can even get a hometown discount. Just think Zack RLEX and Channing without a dought the best set in the biz. Just think him in TO in the same locker room
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 11:56:24 am »

Miami plays 3-4 again next year, so Ray Lewis and Zach Thomas as the two interior linebackers and Jason Taylor and Channing Crowder as the two exterior linebackers could be pretty exciting.  (Not that I think this will happen, but it's a fun thought)

I am happy with this lineup personally Taylor, Crowder, Thomas, & Spragan. I also think Pope is a pretty decent backup as well. We don't need to make moves like trading Ricky for Lewis. I get the impression that anytime a Canes fan hears a former Cane becomes available they think they are a perfect fit for the Phins. We need to worry about positions other than linebacker during this offseason.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 11:58:55 am »

I wouldn't mind seeing Ray-Ray come to Miami, but wish he could have come when he was in the prime of his career. He's still an excellent LB, but injuries are a much bigger concern for Ray now than they used to be. Depending on his price tag...I'd have no problem seeing the greatest 'Cane of them all playing for the 'Phins.

I really think, since this draft class is so solid at LB, that Saban will probably address that area in April with a mid-round developmental 'backer or two.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 12:01:11 pm »

I really think, since this draft class is so solid at LB, that Saban will probably address that area in April with a mid-round developmental 'backer or two.

Which is exactly what we would need. Not another aging linebacker we would have to replace in a couple years (we are already faced with that).
BillKilla

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 12:01:25 pm »

Well yes im a huge cane fan but that has nothing to do with one of the best linebackers in NFL history becoming an option.
Househead
YJFF Member
Uber Member

djflow
Email
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 12:14:57 pm »

Well yes im a huge cane fan

Welcome to board! Just watch out, there are a lot of U haters on here.
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 12:27:40 pm »

Dick Butkus is a free agent so we wouldn't even need to trade for him.  However, when talking about ex-NFL greats we should stay "in the family" and go after Nick Buonticonti, AJ Duhe and John Offerdahl. 

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 01:53:47 pm »

I'm not a Ray Lewis fan, personally.  I'd rather go for youth - but that's just me.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 02:20:09 pm »

I agree that we should look to spending our money elsewhere. We are solid at linebacker for now and I would rather see some help in the secondary and the offensive line!!!!! Ray Lewis would make a great additon no doubt but we really aren't hurting at that position, if we are going to spend money let's go after Nate Clement from Buffalo!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 02:22:22 pm »

I think Lewis is a monster, and could help this team, but I question the cost.  He'd probably be a ton of cash for a position in which we're fairly competant.  It seems that if we're going to pay some money for a great defender, that we'd have kept Surtain.

I drink your milkshake!
Dphins4me
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 11:24:48 pm »

What do you guys think of maybe trading for RAY LEWIS. He played for the canes and would look good in teal and Orange. Maybe give Ricky or a third rounder for him
Lewis is aging, breaking down & want a huge new deal.

He is no where close to be the MLB he was a few years ago.

I'm not interested for anything more than 2 mil a year.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray