Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 14, 2024, 06:11:16 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  49ers move up in 1st rd
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 49ers move up in 1st rd  (Read 2780 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« on: February 26, 2006, 09:45:55 am »

The long-awaited coin-toss to determine who drafts #6/#7 between the Niners and Raiders was on Friday afternoon, with SF making the right call (tails never fails) to win the #6 pick. Winning the coin toss also moves SF up...

...to the #5 pick in the 2nd round
...to the #4 pick in the 3rd round
...to the #3 pick in the 4th round.

Not a huge deal, but I'm glad that our draft braintrust (Nolan-McCloughan) will get to bump up a little bit...ya never know if it could mean a player being there for you or not.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 09:48:36 am by Sunstroke » Logged

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
bsfins
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 06:08:52 pm »

Too bad the Dolphins could win a Coin flip,and move up a few spots.... Undecided

Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 07:29:41 am »

Any loss the Raiders have amuses me. Even a coin flip.  Evil

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
ADeadSmitty
Uber Member

What can Brown do for us?

ADeadSmitty
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 08:49:17 pm »

Winning one coin toss shouldn't move you up in every round. They should do separate coin tosses for each round, or just use the coin toss to determine who moves up in the first round and then alternate the rest of the rounds.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 09:00:08 pm »

Winning one coin toss shouldn't move you up in every round. They should do separate coin tosses for each round, or just use the coin toss to determine who moves up in the first round and then alternate the rest of the rounds.

You should send that suggestion in an email to NFL headquarters so they can make the change immediately.  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
ADeadSmitty
Uber Member

What can Brown do for us?

ADeadSmitty
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 12:47:48 pm »

I'm just sayin'.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 01:00:54 pm »

Winning the coin toss isn't always a good thing.  The Raiders, in this case, may end up getting all the same players they would've otherwise, but will be able to pay them less now.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 01:02:33 pm »

I'm just sayin'.

I know...but I don't get much opportunity to mess with ya, so I jumped at the opportunity.  Wink

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray