Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 08, 2024, 12:36:27 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  You're the GM - New York Giants
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: You're the GM - New York Giants  (Read 2251 times)
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« on: March 01, 2006, 01:00:27 am »

Ernie Acorsi - STEP ASIDE.  You've just been replaced by {Your Name Here}.  You have a mix of old and young players on both sides of the ball, but a good healthy mix.  Your special teams STILL sucks after all this time, though.  However you did win 11 games, but got completely demolished at home, 0-24 by Carolina.

So what do you do as the new General Manager of the New York Giants to ensure that you'll keep getting better each year under Coughlin's new regime?

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 01:08:54 am »

First, let me get it out of my system:

"I would trade Eli Manning, Jeremy Shockey, Tiki Barber, and Osi Umenyiora for compensatory, expansion, late-round draft picks, and a cash settlement TBA".

Ok, now down to business:

1. Keep grooming Eli - He still has work to do.  And please stop with the Peyton comparisons - he won just as many playoff games this year as Peyton.
2. Start getting young RB's - Tiki has been rock-solid the last 2 years, but is old, and probably only has a couple more good seasons left.  Time to get young at RB, so when Tiki's body gives up, he can step right in.
3. Start giving the ball to Shockey more - Shockey isn't a blocking-style TE - he should be thrown the ball to a lot more this season.
4. Stop messing around with the O-Line - the O-line wasn't spectacular, but they weren't horrible either.  It makes it 1,000 times harder when we start different ppl all the time.  Stick to one set of guys.
5. Let Strahan and Umenyiora do what they want out there.
6. Let's start looking our for a good linebacker? Doesn't have to be L.T., but someone because I think we lack there big time.
7. Revamp the secondary.  I don't think Will Allen, Peterson, "Jabroni" Wilson, and freaking Terell Buckley in the nickel is gonna cut it.  Keep Allen and dump the rest, IMO.
8. For God's sake already, PLEASE find a reliable kicker, snaper, and holder combination, PLEASE?? This kills the Giants every single solitary year, and will continue to do so unless we dosomething about it.  This may very wekll be our most urgent need.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 07:43:07 am »

Picking up Chris McAllister and Ray Lewis from the Ravens would be a quick fix. 
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 07:50:42 am »

Yeah, they definately need to upgrade at LB and CB.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 08:24:12 am »

Maybe the Dolphins could ship Sam Madison there and pick up an extra pick. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray