Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2024, 08:49:02 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Seau
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Seau  (Read 10991 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: March 02, 2006, 12:06:48 pm »

Is anyone else surprised to not see him on the cut list? He would be an additional $2M in cap savings and I really don't think he warrants the $3M salary this year.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 12:38:46 pm »

It'll happen.  Bye Junior! 
DolFan619
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 12:40:21 pm »

He'll be cut.  He hasn't stayed healthy in two seasons, his age is a factor, and he costs too much money.  I have a lot of respect for Junior, but his time has passed.  He'll be gone by late this afternoon.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 12:54:31 pm »

I was suprised he was not part of the list from yesterday but I too feel he will be gone by today!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 01:00:01 pm »

his jersey was on the online store for $10 - he's being cut!
NYFan204

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 08:09:19 pm »

Seau is a leader and should be kept on the roster. It will make it easier for the Drew Breese transition!!!!
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 10:01:17 pm »

He is a respected player around the league.  I think he should be given the option to restructure and come back for one more year.  I'm buying one of his orange jerseys.  A $70 jersey for $9.97!!!  You can't beat that deal with a stick. 
mcduff81
Uber Member

2007 NCAA Tournament!!

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 07:55:43 am »

Na Na Na Na
Na Na Na Na
Hey Hey Hey
Goodbye!!!

He is 105 years old and brittle. Hard to lead when you are NEVER on the field.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 12:38:50 pm »

Na Na Na Na
Na Na Na Na
Hey Hey Hey
Goodbye!!!

He is 105 years old and brittle. Hard to lead when you are NEVER on the field.

Word.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 12:48:05 pm »

I think the waterboy was as important or even more important then Seau has been in his stay in Miami

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
TEKGOD
Uber Member

It's all about the U

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 07:31:07 pm »

I think he would be an awesome LB coach one day - sort of like Mike Singletary.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2006, 08:20:27 pm »

I think he would be an awesome LB coach one day - sort of like Mike Singletary.

I don't know...I always thought that Singletary was a coach-in-waiting during his playing days, only because he always came across very even keel and thoughtful when he talked about the game. Seau seems a little more feisty and more likely to say something to embarrass himself.

I guess he could become a good coach...I just never really looked at Junior in that light before.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2006, 01:16:32 am »

I am surprised he wasn't on the list.  Seau has been a liability since he joined the team.  The thought of pissing away 2M on him turns my stomach.  All this talk about "leadership" is a load of crap.  He just doesn't get it done on the field.  I don't care if he agrees to play for free......I don't want him.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2006, 01:29:52 pm »

I am surprised he wasn't on the list. Seau has been a liability since he joined the team.

I don't really think this was true last year.  Two years ago, Seau was constantly getting burned in pass coverage...but it seemed to me that last year, they were able to cover him up and use him as more of a lineman, shooting from the LB position.  I didn't see his weakness in pass coverage get exposed last year, like the prior.  I think that our defensive gameplan made the most of him.

The thought of pissing away 2M on him turns my stomach.
I agree with this.  2 Million is too much for a part time player, coming off of injury, and especially one that isn't very versatile.  I wouldn't mind seeing him here if he would be willing to play for less.  I still think he's an asset to the defense.

I drink your milkshake!
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2006, 01:31:59 pm »

If anyone wants to purchase an orange Seau jersey for $9.97, I also have an online promo code for $5 off. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray